Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Courtyard On Sober Lane

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,121 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Oh Finbarr is as tight as a ducks arse but that's illegal, you have to provide water.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

rob316 wrote: »
    Oh Finbarr is as tight as a ducks arse but that's illegal, you have to provide water.
    Is it though? I hear that a lot but have never seen any law about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Regardless of the legalities of it - to refuse someone a glass of tap water is scum behaviour.

I would regularly order a pint of water with a pint of beer when i am being sensible and trying to avoid a hangover. What right have they to refuse this?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,911 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

gimmick wrote: »
    Regardless of the legalities of it - to refuse someone a glass of tap water is scum behaviour.

I would regularly order a pint of water with a pint of beer when i am being sensible and trying to avoid a hangover. What right have they to refuse this?

Because the knob in charge told them. Next time I'm in there I'll order a pint and a pint of water, he'll get an earful from me and I'll tell him to take his pint back as well. In this day and age people are encouraged to drink sensibly, having water now and again is exactly that. The cost of water given out is negligible given the income of the bar surely!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

It's not just Finbarr tbf, his wife is as bad if not worse. The thing is, they think they have it all down to a fine art and that's why they're so successful, totally ignoring their location being incredible and the fact that their son and daughter are in there from around 5am every day till god knows when.

I went to the beer garden once and honestly it's run the same as the bar and shop. All of the staff are very short term and always have been, they're probably too afraid to give even a paying customer a glass of water for nothing. They tried to convince me a couple of months ago that the only type of fruit beer they had was Bulmers :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,121 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I live very close to the shop and the turnover in staff is huge. Honestly there is a new face every time I go in there.

Advertisement