Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

do you have a favourite?

• 04-09-2014 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭

If you have more than one pet do you have a favourite? And will you admit to it? Was having this argument the other night with my boyfriend. He said he didn't have a favourite and would admit to nothing. But it's very obvious which one is his favourite!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

My mother admitted to me that Cream is her favourite one night when she was drunk!! I say I don't have favourites but then I'll have a new favourite every day depending on who's being sweet and cuddley and who's pooping in my shoes :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Between my two dogs? It's hard to say "I have a favourite" but one of my boys just gets me, we have a big connection together. He likes to do most of the things I like to do, I tend to take him out whenever I can to doggie events and whatnot. Our other dog is more independent minded and less open to going to new places and doing different things.

I do love my dogs both equally, but the relationship I have developed with both of them is different.

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

VonVix wrote: »
    I do love my dogs both equally, but the relationship I have developed with both of them is different.
    It's the same with my two cats, they both have very different personalities, which are endearing in equal measures. It'd be very hard if not impossible to name a favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Ya I do. While I love all three dogs to bits and would be devastated if anything happened to any of them, I am more connected to Ozzie. He's my little baby (although he is the eldest) and my souldog. He's just extra special.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I love all 4 of them, but Toby is the one I fret about. He's the underdog of the cat world and very attached to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I only ever had Shadow, but my OH admitted that he preferred Shadow to his old family dog. He'd had Alvin from a puppy for four years before he died from a stroke, and has been with me for three years from Shadow was 8. He had an unbreakable connection with Shadow that was astounding and gave definition to the term "soulmate". I'd definitely say in some cases you can have a favourite, but not all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Hooked

I definitely do...it's one of these two... XD

C775E9A5-A208-4DF7-921A-C59DC5AB723F_zpsmtmcgbah.jpg

Can you tell which one it is... I'll give you a hint... It's the black and white one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I think Kovu may be my favourite. It doesn't really show though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭muddypaws

My 'favourite' changes depending on where I am, and what I'm doing. So no, I guess not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭falabo

I love my 2 Teddy Cockers equally !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

My favourite has to be my daughter, but one of the furries is next, which one depends on how things are going, but jake is oldest and we both love him to bits, Oliver is a nuts, but you just have to love him, they all have things we love about them.

Advertisement