Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post

Options
  • 04-09-2014 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭

Hi all.
    I send a letter big envelope with an airsoft barrel in it.
    Today i got a message from the guy to who i send it and he said there's a big hole in it and the barrel is missing.
    Is there any chance to get back my money back? I don't have a receipt for the barrel but I do have a proof of sending it.
    It was i standard post not registered.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭Beano

was the package insured?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭_marciano_

Beano wrote: »
    was the package insured?

No it wasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I just had a look on the website. You should contact An Post about your package and they will investigate it. Ask the person who received the damaged parcel to take photos of it and also to retain it as you may be required to show it to An Post,

Can I ask was the envelope padded and what kind of weight size the barrel was as this will impact on your claim. A unpadded envelope with a barrel shape in it would be unsuitable really for posting as there is a great chance that the envelope will tear as it is moved via the machines etc.

Miaireland wrote: »
    I just had a look on the website. You should contact An Post about your package and they will investigate it. Ask the person who received the damaged parcel to take photos of it and also to retain it as you may be required to show it to An Post,

Can I ask was the envelope padded and what kind of weight size the barrel was as this will impacted on your claim. A unpadded envelope with a barrel shape in it would be unsuitable really for posting as there is a great chance that the envelope will tear as it is moved via the machines etc.

Already told him to take a pictures and keep the envelope.
    Barrel weight was about 70 grams. And envelope wasn't padded. But i received different barrel in the same envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Your next stop is to call into An post with a copy of the photos and your proof of postage (photocopy). I am not really sure what the story will be as because to the best of my knowledge they assume that a parcel is only worth a fixed amount of money (small) unless you declare that the item inside is worth £x amount.

• Advertisement

Thanks for advise I will call an post tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

It's not looking good. Only the cost of postage and packaging, not contents.

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/Postal+Terms+and+Conditions
    Single Piece Mail Terms and Conditions for Universal Services
    Compensation for Loss and Damage

16. (1) Save as otherwise provided in these terms and conditions, An Post shall have no liability to the sender or to the addressee of any Postal Packet lost, damaged or delayed in any service provided pursuant to these terms and conditions.
    (2) Subject to Condition 16 (5) If any Postal Packet is lost, damaged or delayed, by at least seven (7) days if for delivery within the State or by at least ten (10) days if for delivery outside the State, whilst in the custody of An Post, An Post shall pay compensation to any person or persons who establish a reasonable claim to compensation. No compensation shall be paid for consequential loss or the cost of the contents. Compensation shall include the cost of the Charges, cost of the cover of the Postal Packet, the cost of replacement or reproduction of the packaging and a small sum in respect of any other costs. Compensation may be paid in stamps.

Advertisement