Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A bit of info on travel to/from Dundalk needed

Options
  • 04-09-2014 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭

Heading for a few beers in Dundalk on Friday evening. Can I ask which is preferred.......getting the bus or train from Drogheda? I'll be also looking to get the last bus or train home.

I am also trying to choose a bar with a beer garden......google suggests Kennedy's (the Railway bar)....which is also near the train station.

So would a return by train to Dundalk from Drogheda and heading across the road to that bar be an alright idea? It's an actual date that I'm going on btw.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

Kennedy's is fine ticks your boxes for beer garden and is an ideal place for a date, your options of getting out of town are terrible though, very early. 9.30 with Matthews and that'd mean being at the Marshes at 9.25 or so, Bus Eireann an hour earlier and your last train is leaving 21.20.
    You should ask your date to come to you, much better options going north than south late at night!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,354 ✭✭✭gebbel

Cheers for that. Dundalk is a halfway house between us! She is from Monaghan somewhere. I really thought there would be at least some later buses towards the airport. I suppose we'll just have to meet earlier then.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭DundalkDuffman

gebbel wrote: »
    Cheers for that. Dundalk is a halfway house between us! She is from Monaghan somewhere. I really thought there would be at least some later buses towards the airport. I suppose we'll just have to meet earlier then.

Thanks again.

In that case airport buses from Derry, the #33 Bus Eireann run quite late, Ardee or Castleblayney perhaps. Good luck with it anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭prettygurrly

You can probably get a room for her for €50 in Drogheda and that will get rid of having all this palava with buses etc. It is a bit crap that the last bus from Dundalk is 8.30 to Drogheda...I'm pretty sure there's a direct bus between Drogheda and Monaghan, 180?.

Advertisement