Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a good pistol that won't raise objection with PTB

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Zxthinger wrote: »
    straight forward language.
    Son, if you've seen straight forward language in legislation, you were reading the introductory memo. Ain't no such thing in law.
    It's very straight forward. Revolvers don't have mags.
    For fits and giggles, define magazine please...
    ye kneel before the FPC
    Again, for fits and giggles, who are the FPC? (I mean, who's in it?)
    no one can see the obvious.
    No, we can, but we've learned patience over the years and don't ban trolls in the first five seconds if there's any hope for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭Zxthinger

Sparks wrote: »
    Oh, and if we're being piss-ant-y about things, revolvers only have one cylinder. That cylinder contains several chambers.

You really want to go apply for six licences for the one firearm because it's got multiple chambers, you go right ahead... I'll be over here getting out of the way of the other revolver owners who'll be queuing up to smack some sense into you before you drop a court precedent on their heads...

Seriously lad, go get yourself an xesse or an IZH and go shoot with the thing. Arguing with gardai isn't anywhere near as much fun.

There a thousands of guns with mulitpal chambers that only require one licence! DB shottie !!!!!!..

I feel that you are forcing a personal issue here based upon yer own fears of feeling the wrath of a high court ruling and it's backlash.
    I'm alright jack!!

Sparks wrote: »
    Son, if you've seen straight forward language in legislation, you were reading the introductory memo. Ain't no such thing in law.

For fits and giggles, define magazine please...

Again, for fits and giggles, who are the FPC? (I mean, who's in it?)

No, we can, but we've learned patience over the years and don't ban trolls in the first five seconds if there's any hope for them.
    Look up yer own definitions . And you as far as FCP goes sell who really cares who was in it..,, it's doesn't matter a dam because whe have to work within the law that exist at the moment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

I think we all know the law and the difference between a mag, clip, chamber, cylinder etc... the law dose not have to make sense and it is the judge who will make the decision of his "interpretation" of said law.
    What is the definition of an assault rifle? do you think they know the difference between an assault rifle and an smg for an example?
    Pistol grip shotguns require a restricted licence because they are more "dangerous" apparently. Still functions the same still fires the same cartridge yet is said to be more of a danger. Yet that is "Law"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

Leave out the real names.

We use usernames for a reason. Use them when replying.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    Im not acting the goat

A belt fed pistol can only hold one round at a time so surely it cant be restricted

Fair enough but it still has to conform to comp rule,

Cass wrote: »
    Leave out the real names.

We use usernames for a reason. Use them when replying.

Are you pointing that stick at me cass! There have been thousands of Posters who have called a certain poster by his first name! He has his own page linked in to boards and openly declares his name! I read his name here on boards and now I'm being told NOT to to refer to him by a handle that persists throughout some 40,000 post.

Agh a technicality to place the masses in their boxes. Lol.

Yes, and i don't care.

My real name is well known and does get mentioned, but the majority of the time it's a once off, and my username is used. You have repeatedly used Spark's real name. So stop. Argue further and i'll stop it for ya.

Lastly the Mod hat is on so pay attention to this and the rules regarding ignoring a Mod's instructions.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

The OP seems to think that ignoring a Mod's instructions, and continuing to argue is what is meant when he is instructed not to.

If you cannot obey the rules your access to the forum will be removed to ensure it runs smoothly.

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement