Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue on iOS loading mobile site

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Well it's still happening for me but sure I'll give you more time. :p

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Yep, same here:

321141.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Same here, no change. It's only on the front page this is happening btw. Every other page within the site is fine.

That's not how it was up until 2 days ago. Before you could see the forum name->thread title . Now it's just showing thread title, which is pretty useless without knowing which forum it's in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

That's not how it was up until 2 days ago. Before you could see the forum name->thread title . Now it's just showing thread title, which is pretty useless without knowing which forum it's in.

Yup, forum name column is not visible for me for the last 15 minutes or so

• Advertisement

It's fine logged out, it's when you're logged in that there's an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

Same here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Please put back the forum. Threads make no sense without it e.g. "Best restaurants", "issue resolved", without the forum title these could be anything

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

This has been driving me absolutely bonkers for last few days! Glad to hear it wasn't a design change, but would be great to get it fixed..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

When I look at Latest Posts, My Forums, and My Threads the forum the posts are filed under isn't showing anymore. Instead all I get is the thread title and original poster username.

Is this a permanent new thing?

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Please fix this guys get rid of the huge announcements section that is taking up so much room. Just been used for ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Came here to report same. Is this a new feature?

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Driving me mad for the last few days! Is it just on apple devices or is it the same on android?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

I'm not seeing this. Using chrome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Same with Chrome using Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It's happening on Safari on my iPhone and iPad, but not happening using Safari on my MacBook.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Not an issue here on the following browsers:

Firefox Nightly 35.0a1
    Opera 23.0
    Google Chrome 37.0.2062.94
    Safari 7.0.6

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Looks like they got the snip to make way for the add in the margin.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

They're not showing on mine either , using firefox

edit: it's working now...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

Have you tried stretching the browser window horizontally? The table that contains Latest Posts, My Forums, and My Threads clips off the leftmost column when the window goes below a minimum width, and that my be affected by the ads in the RHS...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

lol... Mine's working but I shrank the window a bit and the fora disappeared again... I think that may be it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,028 ✭✭✭Call me Al

I'm not sure what you mean by stretching the browser window. (technically very illiterate here so please bear with me).
    I'm reading with Safari on an iPad version 7.1.2
    I don't see how I stretch the window. It's fixed in dimensions. The right-hand sidebar ad is taking up about 1/3 of the width of the horizontal screen (even more on the vertical screen) though which is annoying.

Yeah should have said I was on Chrome on Windows

mike_ie wrote: »
    Have you tried stretching the browser window horizontally?

That's exactly the problem. It's fine for me when the browser is maximized but when it is narrowed to a certain point the forum name disappears.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

If you've got a really narrow screen/resolution, we're removing the forum name column to make space for everything else, but I think we might be better off taking Latest poster maybe? One of the columns has to go when you get to narrow screens, otherwise it all goes to pot. It's definitely still not right, I'm going to see what we can do about it today, there's been someone working on it since the middle of last week though, so please don't think we're ignoring it.

Could you just set it like the touch site? Forum goes underneath?

I'd probably drop the posts and thanks before the user but that's just my personal preference.

No offence, but there isn't a need to make space for everything else. The problem is the huge banner ad at the right hand side of the screen. This massive ad is wider than the entire information (thread title, poster, posts and thanks columns combined). It's absolutely enormous and totally out of proportion to the content.

The site worked perfect up until this change last week. It seems a decision has been made to incorporate a massively obtrusive banner ad at the expense of the actual site content. This is very disappointing.
    See attachment below to see the size of this ad in question.

Actually I pay to remove ads and I'm still being affected by this change

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Jimmy444

I've refreshed the page, minimised, maximised, tried IE, Firefox, Safari and Chrome and in every case the forum does not show. Was fine until a day or two ago. What's happening guys? I have an old-fashioned CRT monitor - is that my problem?

Advertisement