Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best line broadband (Spa area)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Damokc

Cheers for reply.i was in a bad area so couldn't Google. However I still think I have to go with KBB digiwebs satellite BB packages look a bit expensive.
    I got a reply yesterday evening to an email about ordering to be told that I can order through email.I have sent numerous emails already about ordering, getting no clarification wither the order has been noted or not.
    We've tried line BB and Mobile BB where we live. Both are bad. 3G actually has better speeds but the allowances are too small whereas Eircom allowances are better but well...speeds of 0.02 to 0.5MB are not really useable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Damokc wrote: »
    Cheers for reply.i was in a bad area so couldn't Google. However I still think I have to go with KBB digiwebs satellite BB packages look a bit expensive.
    I got a reply yesterday evening to an email about ordering to be told that I can order through email.I have sent numerous emails already about ordering, getting no clarification wither the order has been noted or not.
    We've tried line BB and Mobile BB where we live. Both are bad. 3G actually has better speeds but the allowances are too small whereas Eircom allowances are better but well...speeds of 0.02 to 0.5MB are not really useable.

Did you go with KBB in the end? I would be fairly sure that wireless would have far superior ping times than Digiweb's satellite offering. Anybody I spoke to said that they are fairly happy with KBB however he is a one-man operation and because of this customer service etc suffers.

Ammmm. Would you believe I'm still not up and running with them. The order has been placed and I'm awaiting install now. Kinda annoyed now because our eircom account closed today so we've no broadband now.
    The delay makes sense if he is a one man band. He needs to get help or else he's going to lose custom.
    However I'm using my iPhone as a hotspot and it's actually as fast if not faster than eircoms line broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Damokc wrote: »
    Ammmm. Would you believe I'm still not up and running with them. The order has been placed and I'm awaiting install now. Kinda annoyed now because our eircom account closed today so we've no broadband now.
    The delay makes sense if he is a one man band. He needs to get help or else he's going to lose custom.
    However I'm using my iPhone as a hotspot and it's actually as fast if not faster than eircoms line broadband.

From my experience with KBB it was 11 days after ordering that KBB came to install.

I'm well over the 11 days now anyway. It better be worth waiting for. I've got a fair usage limit of 7.5GB with my phone!

• Advertisement

Still waiting for installation............

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daelight

So a chap with the handle 'whydoibother' has been dissing Kerry Broadband for not getting back to him on enquires yet doesn't 'bother' to get back to the thread with his speedtest results for digiweb.. How ironic!

Citrix isn't super sensitive to latency and satellite is the most latent of all connection options. I have used RDP over >100ms connections and ICA / HDX can tolerate that at least I would expect.

Advertisement