Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels near running facilities

Options
  • 04-09-2014 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Can any of your contributors recommend a hotel convenient to a public park with tarmac path
    so that I can continue training when having a break but not in the Dublin area but convenient to a town or city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭JohnDozer

zmccomish wrote: »
    Can any of your contributors recommend a hotel convenient to a public park with tarmac path
    so that I can continue training when having a break but not in the Dublin area but convenient to a town or city?

Killarney would have a good amount of hotels adjacent to the national park where you would be able to do a good range of routes without it getting too repetitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Lake Hotel killarney is a nice spot and pretty much next to the park.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭dukeraoul

Killarney and Westport two of the best towns for running in Ireland imo. Westport has a great bike path that you can run on and Killarney has the National Park which in addition to Phoenix Park in Dublin, I'd rate as two of the best places to run anywhere in the world.

Can't go wrong with either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Sacksian

dukeraoul wrote: »
    Killarney and Westport two of the best towns for running in Ireland imo. Westport has a great bike path that you can run on and Killarney has the National Park which in addition to Phoenix Park in Dublin, I'd rate as two of the best places to run anywhere in the world.

Can't go wrong with either.

National Park in Killarney sounds good - is it all trails? Am thinking of doing a mountain running week/weekend in Ireland at some stage and this might be the place to do it!

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭inigo

Sacksian wrote: »
    National Park in Killarney sounds good - is it all trails? Am thinking of doing a mountain running week/weekend in Ireland at some stage and this might be the place to do it!

It's a stunning place. There's tons of mountains, trails like the waymarked Kerry Way, tarmac around the lake... Miles upon miles of pure bliss!

I was there not long ago and got some runs in (here and here). Absolutely loved it! I also posted some pics here somewhere...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Johnnio13

Westwood in Galway city. Dangan gives you about 300 acres of running
    Sligo Clarion

Advertisement