Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Hard drive - can't transfer recordings

Options
  • 04-09-2014 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭

I have a PVR or DVD recorder with a hard-drive (IDE) and I hooked it up to an old PC yesterday. It let me see the contents and showed the video recordings as .mpg.

But when I tried to copy them to the PC it gave me an error, saying 'make sure drive isn't write-protected or full'.

Does anyone know a trick or a bit of magic to transfer off the recordings ?

Another idea I had was to get one of those IDE to SATA converter boards and attach a SATA drive to it (expand the capacity), I wonder if it would work ?!?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,146 ✭✭✭Morrisseeee

Just to update this (if anyone's interested), I managed to extract the recording's off the disc. I attached the drive to my old WD external drive and booted up in a version of Linux (Mint) and hey presto I got all the recordings.

But...........I put the HDD back in the DVD player and all was ok until I deleted a video and then it gave me an error and now I can't use the recording function, doh! I'll try to reformat it and see if it will recognize it, it's some kind of FreeDOS/FAT16 or something!

/ah the joys of it :rolleyes::pac:

Advertisement