Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Open Zone error

Options
  • 04-09-2014 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Just a quick one regarding a HKC Securewatch error . My parents recently (yesterday) got new windows installed . My Dad took off the sensors off the old windows and then refitted them today but when he's trying to set the alarm it won't set giving the "front windows" Open Zone error.. I was with him for a while today and we were just doing a quick check, ie. taking off the case off the sensor on the window to see would them alarm activate and it did. any help would be extremely grateful

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Lyncher2014

Hi Anto,

Should always take pictures for before and after. One of the wires is crossed over and its leaving the circuit open.

Are you sure you have all the sensors and magnets with them still? I've seen a number of new windows being fitted and the installers go off with part of the alarm still stuck to the window.

Taking the case off the sensor activates the tamper.

Can you take a couple clear pictures of each of the sensors on that zone with the case off please.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Anto12

Thanks for the quick reply Lyncher2014, he got 4 windows replaced in total, with 2 of the large windows having 2 sensors on them. The house was built in 1999 so it's probably an older model of HKC .. If I got the part number would I be able to test the sensors using a multimeter to see which window is causing the error.. Once again thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

I would also be checking the sensor head, the arrow should be pointing upwards once fitted.

altor wrote: »
    I would also be checking the sensor head, the arrow should be pointing upwards once fitted.

I'll have a quick look at that this evening.. Will post a pic too.. He didn't take any wires out when taking the sensors down as he only took off the tamper cover and the screws which held the casing to the previous windows.. Hope that makes sense

Thanks for that Tip Altor.. Done the trick .. Alarm sets now.. Dad a happy man.. Once again thanks for the advice from all above ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Anto12 wrote: »
    Thanks for that Tip Altor.. Done the trick .. Alarm sets now.. Dad a happy man.. Once again thanks for the advice from all above ..

Thanks for coming back to us Anto12, glad you got it sorted :)

Advertisement