Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Never ending problems

• 04-09-2014 7:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭

Ok I have a selva 20hp 2 stroke engine, and it's near broke me, first of all no spark from plugs, wiring issue now fixed.
    Then no water coming from pee hole, new impeller. Now fixed. Then found there was no fuel pump on engine. Now fixed. And now to top it off. When the engine is running over at revs down it works fine, but when revved up she dies. Sounds like it's starving for fuel.
    So now I've just took off the carb to find a bent pin. I hope and pray this could be my problem as I've checked my fuel line for leaks and bought a bran new tank as well as priming bulb. Every time I come across a new problem I say this has to be the last and it will be grand then. But that's not happening. Here's some pictures of the carb.
    Where my thumb is pointing is where the pin goes, but it goes in from the top.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Bent pin could be the problem alright, I know the feeling I had a 25hp evinrude that just wanted to be put to sleep no matter what I did to try and save it's life :)

10363127_656472307755810_6060062388425889264_n_zps5b51c144.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭whacker1982

cheers fergal, any ideas how to straighen the pin? also the ball cock, when i turn the carb upside dont the ball cock is not sitting paraell to the housing, heard that the ball cock should be sitting paraell to the housing is this true? sorry about my spelling.
    Thats it i cant stop until its running like clock work no matter what happens, its like every problem is a good problem, learning away. with the help from you and others on boards

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

I have never worked on one of these so I'm not 100% sure but the float might be level when it's on the outboard and on the boat.
    You should be able to bend the pin with your hands then roll on something very flat like a glass table to see when it's straight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭whacker1982

spot on fergal, ill give it a go tomorrow and hope this is my very last problem.

Advertisement