Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upper Cusack Stand View!!!!!

• 04-09-2014 8:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi I am just wondering if anyone has been in the upper cusack stand for a hurling game. I have ticket for 705 row O. Be great to get feedback off someone who sat in or around here thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

I was in 707, row N for the semi-final.

The view is great really. Pretty much everywhere in Croke Park is pretty good. That's fairly central afaik and you will have a great view of the game, the only complaint I'd have is that you are quite far away from the action... you're unlikely to see the nitty-gritty of rucks or hear shouts from the players/managers but in purely view-terms, it's as good as anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 josh87

thank you very much for your feedback, was jus a bit worried as iv never been up in the upper decks before(I go to every game btw). I read on here that you cannot see the hurling ball etc and that the players are dots!!! Any feedback in relation to any of that please

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

The view from the upper is fine, the further forward you are the better. You are about half way back so should be a pretty good view. Better than the lower for keeping an eye on switches and who is dropping an extra defender back or playing an extra mid fielder or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Conelan

View is great, was up there for the Cork/Tipp semi final. One small tip- bring your jacket! Was a northerly breeze that day (as is forecast for Sunday!) and was feckin freezing. Enjoy!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Haven't been up there for years but I remember the view being very good. Just remember; the commentator section is in the Upper (Hogan) Stand for a reason! Yeah they also get monitors but they also get a better overall view up there.

• Advertisement

thank you very much to everyone who took the time to give some advice, very helpful and informative. Thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Was near the front of 709/710 for the first 2012 AI hurling final and it was a super view I have to say. Better than a lot of the lower tiers IMO (especially Davin and Lower Cusack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

josh87 wrote: »
    Hi I am just wondering if anyone has been in the upper cusack stand for a hurling game. I have ticket for 705 row O. Be great to get feedback off someone who sat in or around here thanks

Fanatastic view but a long walk up and you'd want to have a head for heights!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Sat in Upper Cusack a good few times, most recently for KK - Limk semi. I was glad I was in that section that day, fans in the lower section got drenched when the deluge came. You have a great view, but definitely bring a coat, even if it's a sunny day. It can be deceptively cold up there, as it always is in open spaces at higher altitudes. The tier is quite steep so you wouldn't want to have any phobia of heights. I remember the first time I walked out on the upper level in 2001 - I found it incredibly steep and literally felt that I was going to fall off. And I have no problem with heights. It just takes a bit of getting used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sir Chaz

On the Upper Decks, 705 and 706 etc, are the centre sections of the Cusack in terms of the middle of the pitch, so are the best seats in the house.

In section 705, the higher the seat number, and the lower the letter (A being the best), the better your seat. The 2 seats right on the halfway line would be 306 seat 1, and 305 seat 28.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

thank you very much for your feedback, was jus a bit worried as iv never been up in the upper decks before[bold](I go to every game btw)[/bold]. I read on here that you cannot see the [bold]hurling ball[/bold] etc and that the players are dots!!! Any feedback in relation to any of that please

I see...

View will be decent enough. Only the Davin and Hill are brutal in Croker.

again thank you all very much for the feed back very much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭spiritcrusher

Was bang in the middle of the upper Cusack and fairly close to the front barrier at the 2012 AI. Probably the best view I've had at a match. It was genuinely like watching it on TV, with better atmosphere obviously. Great view of the entire pitch and I'd argue even easier to see the sliotar as it tends to be hit up around your height quite often so you don't lose it in the clouds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭fearruanua

I watched the replay in 2012 about half way back in either 705 or 706, can't remember which but the view was brilliant. As a previous poster mentioned it is a great place to see how teams are setting up, dropping people back etc.
    The only downside I see with the cusack is the extra bit of a walk around to it. You're having a few pints with the lads beforehand in gills or in the hoganstand bar and you always have to set out earlier to get to the cusack

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Lower David and Lower parts of the Hill are very bad, for me those nets behind the goal ruins it. I feel like a Salmon peeping through a net.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭harpsman

thank you very much to everyone who took the time to give some advice, very helpful and informative. Thanks again

As somebody said defo bring a jacket. Its cold up there even on a good day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Stinicker wrote: »
    Lower David and Lower parts of the Hill are very bad, for me those nets behind the goal ruins it. I feel like a Salmon peeping through a net.

Well you're only up once a year. Shouldn't be a problem for ya for the one day. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

The players are not like dots. The nice thing about the upper decks is that you can see the movements of the players better than you can when you are at ground level. You can see who is open and who it would be ideal to pass it to, though the player at ground level can't see that, and frequently gets abuse for not making that pass. As was said, the cameras and the journalists are on the upper deck for a reason. You can't fall, so all of the being afraid of heights stuff is nonsense. Because it is higher, the angle is sharper, but one advantage is that when the person in front of you stands up, they don't block your view as much as when the person in front of you in a lower deck stands up. There are very few bad seats in Croke Park, and sitting in the worst seat in Croke Park is better than not being there at all. You've got a ticket, which is more than many people can say. 705 O, is a good row, or you can stay at home. I know what I'd do. :)

Advertisement