Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Helmet with both internal visor and pinlock?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭positron

Yeah that's one of the few videos i watched. Its a really good comparison.
    Ive deffo decided to go with the S2.

Only a few of the graphic ones are on sale to 480. Shame the lines one in matt isnt available anywhere so will be going with the gloss lines.

You could buy cheaper plain black and stick lines yourself - stickers or pastidip etc. Although that was my plan when I bought the matt white SR1, I never got around to it this summer.

I just had a call with Megabikes and very happy to see they are willing to do their best to come close to online prices.

Original price for Lid and comms was 960. Online price was 780. Revised price from megabikes is 820. Boots i wanted were 300 online, 350 in megabikes and they can do them for 320.

Its great to see shops here making the effort to win business. Ive come across other places that just tell you where to go when you mention the online price instead of actually looking at margins and seeing what they can do.

• Advertisement

That's good to hear. Don't forget to ask megabikes about Schuberth's mobility program. All you need to do is register on their site.

http://www.schuberth.com/en/schuberth-plus/mobility-program.html
    The Schuberth Mobility Program enables you to receive a new Schubert helmet after an accident at just 1/3 of the normal price (recommended retail price). Your helmet is covered by the Schuberth Mobility Program if you have an accident within 3 years of purchasing it. If your helmet is damaged you will receive the quickest possible replacement from a dealer you trust.

Schuberth didn't have this program in Ireland when I bought SR1 last year, so I couldn't register to it. You may want to find out if Megabikes are the main dealers, or if there is another dealer they deal with (not sure how all this works, thought I should mention anyway).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭Skill Magill

Zascar wrote: »
    Shark Vision R. Recommended.

Hey, Z

Was thinkin of gettin a pinlock, internal visor jobby, but was looking at the sub €200, well maybe a bit above :), does this lid come with recesses for internal headphones like the scala rider?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

I got the S2 from these guys.

http://www.onyerbike.net/clothing/Helmets/Full_Face/Schuberth/?modelId=60

I got the Gloss white one for £350 last year. Free delivery.
    Brilliant lid. Comfy as hell, really well made. Huge step up from the AGV S4 I had before (which also come with internal visors nowadays).
    Mine came with a pinlock supplied.

Pique wrote: »
    I got the S2 from these guys.

http://www.onyerbike.net/clothing/Helmets/Full_Face/Schuberth/?modelId=60

I got the Gloss white one for £350 last year. Free delivery.
    Brilliant lid. Comfy as hell, really well made. Huge step up from the AGV S4 I had before (which also come with internal visors nowadays).
    Mine came with a pinlock supplied.

Don't forget to register it on their website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭M450

Hey, Z

Was thinkin of gettin a pinlock, internal visor jobby, but was looking at the sub €200, well maybe a bit above :), does this lid come with recesses for internal headphones like the scala rider?

Cheers
    It comes with slots for speakers in the cheek pads and a cavity for a battery pack in the rear, designed for the Sharktooth system made by the same brand. Nice graphic here: http://www.sharkhelmetstore.com/shark-sharktooth-bluetooth.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

On my second Vision R, would also recommend. Got my last one here for €220 delivered: http://www.helmetcity.co.uk/categories/SHOP-BY-BRAND/Shark-Helmets/Shark-Vision-%252dR/?sort=featured&page=2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,784 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

Vikings wrote: »
    On my second Vision R, would also recommend. Got my last one here for €220 delivered: http://www.helmetcity.co.uk/categories/SHOP-BY-BRAND/Shark-Helmets/Shark-Vision-%252dR/?sort=featured&page=2

an acquaintance of mine got one and recommends it highly too: but they only have white in S size, which is odd.

I need a 62 in Schuberth-speak.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Pique

goodlad wrote: »
    Don't forget to register it on their website.

No good for me.
    "To register, it is essential that you have a residence in the country in which the helmet is purchased."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

I bought an ls2 ff396 helmet yesterday - it's comfy, good fit, gets 4 stars in the sharp thing, has pinlock, and dark visor thingy. Bought it to replace my 6 yr old agv. Will be interesting to see how I get on with it and how noisy it is (although I use ear plugs when riding).

Advertisement