Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Food Sligo

Options
  • 04-09-2014 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭

Working around Sligo at the moment. Looking for nice pub food for dinner in the evenings, good valve too if possible.

I have been to The Belfry a few times so far.

All suggestions welcome!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

I love the food in the Swagman especially the peanut butter crunch dessert.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

magnumlady wrote: »
    I love the food in the Swagman especially the peanut butter crunch dessert.

Their food has gone downhill in the last while imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

hargadons nice for lunch, chicken pesto is really good. have eaten there in the evening it wasn't as good. menu is quite limited. mchughs was good when I was in it once for lunch. harrys bar in rosses point savage food.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭rocky raccoon

Donaghys, good food and reasonably priced. We have be their a few times and were never disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

donaghys is very good food but would've thought it was expensive. i haven't been yet but i hear the crozon is pretty good and reasonable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭xavier8228

Harry's in rosses point is great, plenty if fresh seafood and lovely steak!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

If you're willing to head to Strandhill, they have very nice Pub food in the likes of Bella Vista.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭R_overs1

The Harp on Quay Street is great for lunch/dinner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Thanks guys, anymore suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

If you drive Langs in Grange, north sligo, is a lovely restaurant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Ghekko wrote: »
    If you drive Langs in Grange, north sligo, is a lovely restaurant.
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,659 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Harrisons in Cliffoney is great for food and the service is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭IrishLad2012

Davies in Drumcliffe is hard bet and only 5 minute drive from town.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭whatswhat

I have sang the praises of The Crozon before and its not that far out of town either. I think this tops value for money IMO as you said you were after this. Agree with most of the posts on here. If I were eating in North Sligo, Harrisons, Langs, Henrys, Davis I would have in that order. South Sligo, far too many to put in order but have never had a bad experience in Crozon, Coach Lane, Fiddlers, Garavogue, Swaggman, and out at Strandhill, Venue, Bella Vista, strand bar, tra bhan. Used to really rate The Belfry but called in last week to give it a second chance as last time was not good. It wont be getting a third. It was only lunch but all seemed frozen stuff, can cook that myself at home at a fraction of the cost.

Advertisement