Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Transferring courses DCU

• 04-09-2014 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I'm going into first year in DCU but I put the wrong course as my first choice and I want to do my second choice. I have gotten the points for my second choice so I'm wondering could I transfer to it in DCU?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 111 ✭✭iiHyPeRize

Yes, I'm pretty sure you can, and since you got the points. There's some rules I think on transferring, like I think it's a lot tougher to transfer from Business to let's say Science, than it is to transfer to a similar course, such as journalism to communications - I could be wrong though. Here's a link that tells you more http://www.dcu.ie/registry/transfer.shtml You're best best is to call into the registry office. It's in the Henry Gratten builiding, which is the one that has the Bank Of Ireland in it, it directly faces the library on the other side of campus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

_gaamad wrote: »
    I'm going into first year in DCU but I put the wrong course as my first choice and I want to do my second choice. I have gotten the points for my second choice so I'm wondering could I transfer to it in DCU?

Yes easily.

I did it myself. As long as you have the minimum requirements, there should be no problem. I transferred from European business to Enterprise Computing. The only potential issue is if there is space in the class, but this is rarely an issue

Advertisement