Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice: D8 St Augustine Street ; Westgate

Options
  • 04-09-2014 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all,

I'm considering letting an apartment in the Westgate complex on St Augustine street.

Just wondering as to whether any people who're familiar with the area have any thoughts, it seems reasonably safe / quiet to me; but the proximity to other not so savoury areas is a little worrying.

Any thoughts greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 paddybah

Just to clarify when I say other areas I mean ones like Christchurch & Meath Street / Cork Street / the more central liberties areas which have been warned against in this forum in threads from a few years ago! also would be going to and from grafton street as a walk!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

That's a grand spot, I've walked past it at 10 in the morning and 4 in the morning after nights out and it's a ghosttown. Only issue may be the noise if you're facing Bridge St Upper.

paddybah wrote: »
    also would be going to and from grafton street as a walk!

Grand walk, would be no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

My gf lived in Westgate when I met her. She was there for 2 years maybe.
    Then she moved to Bertram Court, just up the road, and I moved in with her (having lived on Parnell Street for 5 years). We've both been here for nearly 6 years now.
    Love the area. Great amenities, close to the city, we've never had any trouble.

You *will* see alco's and junkies every now and then. In fact there's a methodone clinic down by Westgate, and a wet hostel up near us.. full disclosure

But, like I say, we've never had any bother, and we'd be out and about at varying times of day/night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 paddybah

Good to know - many thanks both!

Advertisement