Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

LOI: League of Ireland Fixtures (Week 27), Sept 5-8, 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Top 4 in the Premier going h2h makes for an interesting night.Pats v Dundalk is on the tele RTE2 @7.05pm.Should be a cracker of a match.Both sides at full strength.
    In form Shamrock Rovers v kinda out of form Cork should be another cracker.Sligo looking to close gaps on the top 3 v also looking to close gaps Derry- always interesting. And then the relegation sides v near safe sides also take on each other.It will be a defining night in LOI i think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Missing this as I told a mate ages ago I'd go to the poxy Late Late Show with them. Where do I hand in my Man Card?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Omackeral wrote: »
    Missing this as I told a mate ages ago I'd go to the poxy Late Late Show with them. Where do I hand in my Man Card?

Probably at the Late Late Show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Nothing but a comprehensive win will do in Waterford for us! Better not be as humid today as it was yesterday, the thoughts of sitting on a bus in that is not fun!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

Stuffing has really been knocked out of us at City the last few weeks. But we've beaten Rovers twice this season handy enough, no reason we cant do it again on our own patch. Confident of a win.

3-1 City.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Omackeral wrote: »
    Where do I hand in my Man Card?

It evaporated the minute you agreed to go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Top 4 in the Premier going h2h makes for an interesting night.Pats v Dundalk is on the tele RTE2 @7.05pm.Should be a cracker of a match.Both sides at full strength.
    In form Shamrock Rovers v kinda out of form Cork should be another cracker.Sligo looking to close gaps on the top 3 v also looking to close gaps Derry- always interesting. And then the relegation sides v near safe sides also take on each other.It will be a defining night in LOI i think?

Kinda? Try bang out of form.

Hopefully another big crowd for what is a huge 6 pointer. Season defining in fact. We lose tonight I think we will finish 4th. Win, we will finish 2nd.

Im crap at predictions so not going to bother.

Just hope its quiet outside after the game and both our sets of idiots go home to bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Should be a cracker in Inchicore tonight. Cant see us being as bad as we were the last time Dundalk came to Inchicore. Hopefully our finishing will be a lot better than it was in the games against Shels.

For the 1st division fans here, Whats happened to Waterford this season? They are doing really bad, I expected them to be challenging for a play-off spot at least, not potentially finishing behind Rovers B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭CHealy

kksaints wrote: »

For the 1st division fans here, Whats happened to Waterford this season? They are doing really bad, I expected them to be challenging for a play-off spot at least, not potentially finishing behind Rovers B.

They are in big trouble, Waterford fan on another forum saying if they dont get Premier promotion in the next two years they're done. Tbh, I cant see them in the league next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Should be a cracker in Inchicore tonight. Cant see us being as bad as we were the last time Dundalk came to Inchicore. Hopefully our finishing will be a lot better than it was in the games against Shels.

Christy to bag a couple more in a 2v1 win. The title race is still on!

• Advertisement

Their 3 best players left, Jack Doherty is the only one I remember the name of. Mainly playing young lads.
    CHealy wrote: »
    They are in big trouble, Waterford fan on another forum saying if they dont get Premier promotion in the next two years they're done. Tbh, I cant see them in the league next season.

Don't believe that bull one bit, few years ago they said they had a 5 year plan and if they didn't go up they were goners, 3/4 years down the line they're still about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

We are couple of games from sinking ship at minute.

Tough tonight. Win would be very welcome.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Rovers have got more out of Oriel than either game against Cork so far. Their 'put the foot in' approach saw Croly shrivel up and hide so Rovers were bullied off the pitch by Healy and Dennehy and Murray..interesting how Fenlon approaches it.

Might just be the same, who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,950 ✭✭✭Pinturicchio

dfx- wrote: »
    Sunday, September 7th, 2014

Shamrock Rovers v Galway FC - Tallaght Stadium - 3pm
    Not that anyone's going to go to it, but this one is actually a 2pm kick off.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,443 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Martin Russell's first game back at the Bowl as manager. Probably a comfortable win for Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Shels, Bohs, Pats, Sligo, and Limerick all 1-0 up at the moment.

Could be a huge winner that for Cork...and Dundalk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I don't have problem in saying if Cork won league they be the worst team to win it in some time.

You can't fault our attitude but we are so 1 diemsional.

Don't think Cork will win it. Dundalk still have that but more then us, but Europe looking good now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

A good victory for Derry tonight, played some good football again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Not sure why Dundalk didint play Towell, hes their best player. Fahey>>>>Towell.

St Patrick's Ath ‏@stpatsfc 25m
    This is the first time all season that @stpatsfc XI has started together

gutted at that, called it preseason thats our 11 and its ****ing good....thats a league winning team. but sadly too little too late...

Fair play to Dundalk for having a go.

For all all the retards that count attd...1653 there tonight......3315 at the same game last season.

Please tell me what Pats are doing wrong, playing good ball, on a super pitch, going to schools. that game summed up our league it was ****ing quality....

Fahey was ****ing awesome as he has been the last 6 weeks.....guess it was fitness......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭AllGunsBlazing

NIMAN wrote: »
    A good victory for Derry tonight, played some good football again.

Can see you overhauling us for fifth. In fact, I'm starting to wonder just how far down the table we might finish. Couldn't buy a win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,566 ✭✭✭✭CSF

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Not sure why Dundalk didint play Towell, hes their best player. Fahey>>>>Towell.

gutted at that, called it preseason thats our 11 and its ****ing good....thats a league winning team. but sadly too little too late...

For all all the retards that count attd...1653 there tonight......3315 at the same game last season.

Please tell me what Pats are doing wrong, playing good ball, on a super pitch, going to schools. that game summed up our league it was ****ing quality....

Fahey was ****ing awesome as he has been the last 6 weeks.....guess it was fitness......

Kinda funny after that banner the other night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Towell was getting plenty of attention from 3 or 4 Pats men every time he got the ball and thats kinda been the trend every time we've played against them this season.More than anything it's a bit of a hat tip to Towell that Pats players and management acknowledge that he can be a real game changer and had him marked so tightly he could hardly fart at times.No doubt Fahey has a bit of class about him but he just shows that in some games ansd not them all which is a pity.

You're right of course to say it was a humdinger of a match, it was an absolute beezer of a game.I thought the ref was brilliant and was fair to both sides.Hard challenges came in from players on both sides but nothing red cardish.

Attendance wise-i don't know? I can't understand or start to understand why that match didn't get a much larger attendance than it did.Dundalk took up about 450/500 which was well down on last years 1000/1100.Dundalk are also playing at home v Derry on Monday so maybe Dundalk fans are keeping their cash free for that one..

Attendance wise-i don't know? I can't understand or start to understand why that match didn't get a much larger attendance than it did.Dundalk took up about 450/500 which was well down on last years 1000/1100.Dundalk are also playing at home v Derry on Monday so maybe Dundalk fans are keeping their cash free for that one..

You had more or less the same as last year (650 imo) the main stand holds 1900 and was almost full. About 50 behind the goal and 300 on the camac.

Pats said there was 1653 at the game.........

Fahey in the last 7 or 8 weeks has been like that, he was poor earlier in the season barely finishing an hour before he was bollixed. When he plays like that he is easily the best in the league. I wasnt mad about him siging in the 1st place.

Bolger on Towell :D

13629_10152704835549295_9147740491015950241_n.jpg?oh=e3da5e5c4b64b406801668e7a6e962ed&oe=549BB6B4&__gda__=1419107209_ffc190b4a0ea43b02410643beedd363c

Big win for us in Waterford, Dylan Connolly back to his best!

It's on :)

Cork win all their games and Rovers get at least another draw in Oriel and it's all there for Cork now. It'd be a terrible shame to derail Dundalk's season...

Big win for us in Waterford, Dylan Connolly back to his best!

Forgot to mention the highlight of the match, quality burger and chips down in the RSC! Mondogs are a thing of the past!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

A good weekend's work.

• Advertisement

No chance Dundalk will bottle it, 4 wins should do it for them. Can afford a loss and or draws in the other games.

Looking at their fixtures thats easily done. Dont see anyone being as up for it as we were last night. Reckon it be wrapped up before they play Cork.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭kksaints

Great win for us on Friday. We played really well and won the midfield battle against Dundalk. Having said that Dundalk still created a good few chances and with the chances we created how the match ended 1-0 was a surprise. Dundalk were lucky not to be reduced to 10 men before half time. Higgins should have gotten a second yellow but he went down as if he was injured and got away with it.

Bolger and Fahey were brilliant and noone for us played badly even Quigley did well when he came on even if he wasted a good chance.

That attendence figure seems quite low I would have said that there was around 2000 at it. The main stand was at least 3/4 full and there was a decent crowd down from Dundalk although not as much as last year. Cracking atmosphere at the match aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

No chance Dundalk will bottle it, 4 wins should do it for them. Can afford a loss and or draws in the other games.

Looking at their fixtures thats easily done. Dont see anyone being as up for it as we were last night. Reckon it be wrapped up before they play Cork.
    Well said dreamers. Couldn't agree more. This Dundalk side is far too good to let a minor blip like Friday's narrow unlucky defeat derail their title challenge. We are still effectively four points clear (given our vastly superior goal difference) and we have a game this evening in which to bounce back and get the confidence going again.

We didn't play great on Friday with Gartland and Boyle having their worst games for us in a while but we still almost came away with a point and although the result is a bit tough to take the bigger picture sees us still well in control with just six games remaining. Thought Horgan as outstanding for us on Friday evening rivalling Fahey for the man of the match award.

Derry will be focusing on Saturdays cup game with Drogs so this evening may be a wee bit easier than it looks on paper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

The entertainers bounced back in style this evening to steamroll past an admittedly understrength Derry. Five goals brings our tally up to an incredible 65 goals in just 28 games. Well on course to break 70 goals. I've been following this league for over twenty seasons now and I've never seen anybody score so many goals.

Horgan fantastic again this evening. Such a brilliant player. Pace, skill, ability to skip past men, not afraid to track back and tackle. Only played an hour tonight and was still awarded motm. No chance this team were ever gonna crumble after their blip on Friday evening. The promised land is getting ever closer.

Now it's time for the Rovers trilogy. We play them in the FAI Cup, EA Sports Cup Final and the league over the next three weeks.

Great sportsmanship from Derry last night. Well done.

Also, why were Dundalk allowed move forward a fixture to convenience themselves. IIRC, and I do, CCFC tried to move forward a game against Bray from a Monday to a Friday as both were out of the cup. The FAI deemed it "against sporting integrity" and the fixture was played on the Monday as originally arranged.

Psychologically this is a huge advantage to Dundalk now getting a gap of 6 points back for 2 weeks at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,838 ✭✭✭doncarlos

gimmick wrote: »

Also, why were Dundalk allowed move forward a fixture to convenience themselves. IIRC, and I do, CCFC tried to move forward a game against Bray from a Monday to a Friday as both were out of the cup. The FAI deemed it "against sporting integrity" and the fixture was played on the Monday as originally arranged.

Psychologically this is a huge advantage to Dundalk now getting a gap of 6 points back for 2 weeks at least.

So it's better to have those competing for the league to have 2 games a week? Surely both teams should be given the same and best opportunity?

Apart from Derry playing a weakened side (not Dundalk's fault) What advantage did we get? We will be playing a game the same weekend League cup final. It's not like we are getting extra rest time like Moving a game forward three days would give in Corks case.

• Advertisement

The fact is the FAIs "sporting integrity" differs when it suits them. Dundalk were 100% correct to request it. I'm sore because a similar request made by CCFC 2 years ago was rejected for bull**** reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,058 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

We have a big game this Friday night which might keep our hope of Euro football next season alive, plus we have had quite a few major players injured recently, so I think Pizza's decision to play a 2nd string side was the right idea.

We ain't going to win the League or get into Europe from it, so Friday is our must win game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

The fact is the FAIs "sporting integrity" differs when it suits them. Dundalk were 100% correct to request it. I'm sore because a similar request made by CCFC 2 years ago was rejected for bull**** reasons.

What are you talking about. Stephen Kenny already said 2 weeks ago Dundalk had requested not to play the game V Derry the other day and later in the season! The FAI refused this request

Advertisement