Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Guest

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

Sounds like DEAD OF NIGHT. The one that played second fiddle with Cronenberg's RABID
    in the late '70s.

Sounds INTERESTING.

Just after watching this and I adored it but then as the credits rolled I checked my phone and saw a text which completely took the wind out of my sails and just put me down in a hole. Really tainted my enjoyment of the film and the person who sent the text is the same person who screwed me over quite badly the week that The Guest was in cinemas here and as such I missed it on the big screen.

I had planned to write a nice long piece about the film, disucuss it in detail but that enthusiasm I had to do so is suddenly gone, I wanted to go into detail on why it's an exceptional piece of cinema, to talk about the score which is fantastic, the superb performance, the wonderful aesthetics, the well staged action and the ever increasing sense of dread that Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett create but alas right now I'm not in the mood to do so. Think I'll simply throw the film back on and just enjoy Dan Stevens kicking ass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,919 ✭✭✭nix

Just after watching this and I adored it but then as the credits rolled I checked my phone and saw a text which completely took the wind out of my sails and just put me down in a hole. Really tainted my enjoyment of the film and the person who sent the text is the same person who screwed me over quite badly the week that The Guest was in cinemas here and as such I missed it on the big screen.

I had planned to write a nice long piece about the film, disucuss it in detail but that enthusiasm I had to do so is suddenly gone, I wanted to go into detail on why it's an exceptional piece of cinema, to talk about the score which is fantastic, the superb performance, the wonderful aesthetics, the well staged action and the ever increasing sense of dread that Adam Wingard and Simon Barrett create but alas right now I'm not in the mood to do so. Think I'll simply throw the film back on and just enjoy Dan Stevens kicking ass.

Shoulda just went around to their place and burned the house down.. :D

nix wrote: »
    Shoulda just went around to their place and burned the house down.. :D

Only worth doing that if you know they are at home with their family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Goldstein

Those 5 minutes and 15 seconds in the bar were the most enjoyable 315 seconds of distilled brilliance and satisfaction that I watched all year. I'll admit to rewatching that scene many times and it always puts me in a good mood. Same with his party entrance and epic spliff drag to this music (that frustratingly wasn't on the soundtrack or Shazam's database). Mike Simonetti's The Magician was dropped from Spotify too in the last few weeks for some reason.

And then there was this genuine laugh out loud gem:
    David: "What happened?"
    Luke: "This kid called me a fagg0t. So I eh, broke a yardstick on his face"
    David: "ok ehh................" *smiles* "...........Awesome!"
    It's a contender for soundtrack of the decade, yet alone of 2014. Gets better with every viewing/listen. They were worried about the cost of having so much music on there but they managed it somehow with some inspired little known choices.

Good interview with Adam Wingard here: http://www.vice.com/read/interview-with-adam-wingard-806

He mentions he's a big fan of the Mortal Kombat and The Matrix soundtracks. No surprise it resonated with me!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Started listening to the kind of music from this movie a lot lately as well and thought people ITT who liked the soundtrack would like this track

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭PhiloCypher

Enjoyed this up to the half way point when I thought it was it was about a damaged soldier taking his promise to take care of his dead buddies family a little too far.
    But it lost me once they introduced plastic surgery and a super soldier program.

Advertisement