Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else going to China soon?

Options
  • 05-09-2014 6:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I just picked up my z visa and I'm going to China in October. I'm flying to Shanghai and will be working at a university in Suzhou. However, I'm completely freaking out! I'm so nervous. I thought it might ease my nerves if I could connect with someone/some people who are making the trip soon too, to any part of China. I'm sure there are plenty, but whether they are reading these boards is another thing! Anyone out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Halo Kitty

I just picked up my z visa and I'm going to China in October. I'm flying to Shanghai and will be working at a university in Suzhou. However, I'm completely freaking out! I'm so nervous. I thought it might ease my nerves if I could connect with someone/some people who are making the trip soon too, to any part of China. I'm sure there are plenty, but whether they are reading these boards is another thing! Anyone out there?

Unfortunately I have returned a month ago, but to assure you travelling to Shanghai should not be a bother,
    I flew Dublin Amsterdam, then Amsterdam Shanghai Pudong.
    Yes a long haul flight, but if you can sit through a movie, try to get a nap, try to get a good seat position on the plane.. Remember to carry details of where you are staying, etc as you will have to fill a in card and present it at immigration/ security..
    This will be an adventure of a life time, and Suzhou is a lovely city.
    Shanghai is the financial capital, and I.personally do not think it represents the real China.. But will go back again and again.. Loved it..

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Suzhou is a lovely city, was on holiday there last year
    There is a nice ex-pat community in a pub called Locke on Ping Jiang Lu.
    The owner is a Cantonese girl called Fannings who is a great character

Advertisement