Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Youngtimer thread ?

Options
  • 05-09-2014 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭

Anyone up for a Youngtimer thread - cars of 15-30 years ? Cars that are cheap to buy but expensive to tax - it sorta falls into the 'Bangernomics' class, but they're still of 'interest' to classic fans :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

I know it's slightly outside the age range, always felt a Ford Puma would make a nice choice in that kind of space - http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/ford-puma-1-6i/7074960

Paddy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Good idea, My Mondeo would almost qualify (14 yrs old)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭Tzar Chasm

My e36 qualifies on the age, and the fact that its expensive to run and has lots of broken bits?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭sogood

My 96 Jag probably qualifies, especially on the high tax front, at €2,000 per annum.

• Registered Users Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

My 99 RS4 avant will be 15 in 6 weeks time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭kev1.3s

That's a classic already in my book, regardless of age!

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

My Mazda Youngtimers, although the RX7 hit 30 this year :)

84 Mazda RX-7 FB; 90 Eunos Cosmo 20B; 91 Eunos Presso V6
    927150_716561305080380_157317356_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,616 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

My BX qualifies. I'm of an age where I look at it as not that old, my niece saw it this evening had thought it was cool as it was ANCIENT :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭kuro2k

My 3rd gen Hilux surf

photo_ba1_zps31cfb13e.jpg

And 320 cabrio

P2261320a.jpg

P6011418.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

^^^ Superb vehicles! Always a pleasure to see cars/jeeps so well maintained.
    As Mr. Keane would say 'All credit to you'! :D

(Nice reg on the 320 too!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭kuro2k

Silvera wrote: »
    ^^^ Superb vehicles! Always a pleasure to see cars/jeeps so well maintained.
    As Mr. Keane would say 'All credit to you'! :D

(Nice reg on the 320 too!)

Thanks Silvera,

I have the Surf 10+ years and it has never let me down, just keeps going. I have the BMW almost 5 years now, it was purchased new by a family member so it's history is complete right down to the original purchase invoice

Both are keepers and will never be sold

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

Jayo_M wrote: »
    My Mazda Youngtimers, although the RX7 hit 30 this year :)

84 Mazda RX-7 FB; 90 Eunos Cosmo 20B; 91 Eunos Presso V6
    927150_716561305080380_157317356_n.jpg

More Rotarys for sale

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111463564042

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭MrFoxman360

I have this lady in waiting:

DSCF0861_zps5772bf9e.jpg

Its a beautiful car to drive and its the 3.6L one so has a bit of poke. It needs a little work for the test, but it perfectly solid everywhere, no rot or corrosion anywhere, probably because it was always stored inside.... and personally I love to hubcaps :D

Unfortunately its a 1990, but an original Irish car, bought new by a guy in Glassnevin. My pockets aren't that deep so its tucked away warm and dry for another 6 years (all going well)

and oh yea.... It was free!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Think my 1989 300ZX TT would make this list also.
    Just waiting for her vintage status and associated drop in tax of approx 1450 Euro. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

2 more years ;) got it started again today after a bit of work done

jal64h.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭Bigus

You'll be amazed how quick 6 years will fly Mr Foxman !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

My Alfa gtv is 18 years old and is my daily driver until it's 20 as I'll be too young to get classic insurance (imagine wanting to be old :pac: )
    As it sits with 148k miles on the clock after a quick wash and some collinite 845.
    I bought it for scrap money last November with the box gone, since the end of may I've done 6k miles without any issues what so ever. Currently have new disks, braided lines and ebc green stuff pads to go on as well as polybushes for the rear and pressed plates. Next year, it'll be an upgrades rear arb and koni sport shocks at the front. :cool:
    Who says old italian cars are unreliable :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

My Alfa gtv is 18 years old and is my daily driver until it's 20 as I'll be too young to get classic insurance (imagine wanting to be old :pac: )
    As it sits with 148k miles on the clock after a quick wash and some collinite 845.
    I bought it for scrap money last November with the box gone, since the end of may I've done 6k miles without any issues what so ever. Currently have new disks, braided lines and ebc green stuff pads to go on as well as polybushes for the rear and pressed plates. Next year, it'll be an upgrades rear arb and koni sport shocks at the front. :cool:
    Who says old italian cars are unreliable :pac:

Got a hint of Fiat 20V Coupe about it - both Pininfarina ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Capri wrote: »
    Got a hint of Fiat 20V Coupe about it - both Pininfarina ?

Fiat coupe was bangle. Gtv was pininfarina and Alfa fine tuned it. 1987 was when it was first designed.

Advertisement