Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Credit.

Options
  • 05-09-2014 9:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭

Hi, I used to live with a housemate who got eircom in his name but after a month he decided he didn't want it anymore so i took over the bill payments every month but it stayed in his name. I have a a letter saying that my account is in credit but would like the cheque in my name. I can provide my bank details which were paying the bill.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Sciprio wrote: »
    Hi, I used to live with a housemate who got eircom in his name but after a month he decided he didn't want it anymore so i took over the bill payments every month but it stayed in his name. I have a a letter saying that my account is in credit but would like the cheque in my name. I can provide my bank details which were paying the bill.
    Hi Sciprio

Please PM me the account number and a contact number for you - I will follow up on this furthr for you and investigate what can be done.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

Hi, I used to live with a housemate who got eircom in his name but after a month he decided he didn't want it anymore so i took over the bill payments every month but it stayed in his name. I have a a letter saying that my account is in credit but would like the cheque in my name. I can provide my bank details which were paying the bill.
    Hi Sciprio

Please PM me the account number and a contact number for you - I will follow up on this furthr for you and investigate what can be done.

Thanks
    Al
    Any news on that?

Hi Sciprio

Thanks
    Al
    Any news on that?
    Hi Sciprio

Apologies for the delays, I've been waiting for confirmation from credit management but I'll chase this up again and hopefully get back to you soon.

Thanks for your patience

Al

Hi Sciprio

Thanks
    Al
    Any news on that?
    Hi Sciprio

Apologies for the delays, I've been waiting for confirmation from credit management but I'll chase this up again and hopefully get back to you soon.

Thanks for your patience

Al
    Cheers for that.

Hi Sciprio

Thanks
    Al
    Any news on that?
    Hi Sciprio

Thanks for your patience

Al
    Cheers for that.
    Hi Sciprio

Apologies for the delays. I hope to have an update on this for you tomorrow.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Sciprio

Thanks
    Al
    Any news on that?
    Hi Sciprio

Thanks for your patience

Al
    Cheers for that.
    Hi Sciprio

Thanks
    Al
    Any update yet?

Hi Sciprio

Thanks
    Al
    Any news on that?
    Hi Sciprio

Thanks for your patience

Al
    Cheers for that.
    Hi Sciprio

Thanks
    Al
    Any update yet?

Hi Sciprio

I have had official confirmation from eircoms credit management unit advising that regulations will not allow for a change of name on the cheque. I did ask why this was the case and I was informed that there are number of reasons, such as security purposes and legal reasons in relation to ownership of account. Ultimately the only way the cheque could have been issued in your name was if you requested a name change on the account when the previous owner initially moved out. The best advice I can offer is to make an agreement with the name on the cheque for reimbursement.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Sciprio

Thanks
    Al
    Any news on that?
    Hi Sciprio

Thanks for your patience

Al
    Cheers for that.
    Hi Sciprio

Thanks
    Al
    Any update yet?

Hi Sciprio

I have had official confirmation from eircoms credit management unit advising that regulations will not allow for a change of name on the cheque. I did ask why this was the case and I was informed that there are number of reasons, such as security purposes and legal reasons in relation to ownership of account. Ultimately the only way the cheque could have been issued in your name was if you requested a name change on the account when the previous owner initially moved out. The best advice I can offer is to make an agreement with the name on the cheque for reimbursement.

Thanks
    Al

Eircom had no problems with taking the money from my bank account so why can't they put my money which is mine back into my account that was paying them?

Hi Sciprio

Thanks
    Al
    Any news on that?
    Hi Sciprio

Thanks for your patience

Al
    Cheers for that.
    Hi Sciprio

Thanks
    Al
    Any update yet?

Hi Sciprio

Thanks
    Al

Eircom had no problems with taking the money from my bank account so why can't they put my money which is mine back into my account that was paying them?
    Hi Sciprio

Payments from this account were not taken by direct debit.

I wish I could offer better news to you however It was ultimately your decision not to notify eircom about the change in account ownership and although you may have paid the bills service was legally provided to the previous owner up until closure.

Al

Hi Sciprio

Thanks
    Al
    Any news on that?
    Hi Sciprio

Thanks for your patience

Al
    Cheers for that.
    Hi Sciprio

Thanks
    Al
    Any update yet?

Hi Sciprio

Thanks
    Al

Hi Sciprio

I wish I could offer better news to you however It was ultimately your decision not to notify eircom about the change in account ownership and although you may have paid the bills service was legally provided to the previous owner up until closure.

Al
    I actually did a few months beforehand and i was talking to an Indian person and he said it was all changed.

• Advertisement

Hi Sciprio

Thanks
    Al
    Any news on that?
    Hi Sciprio

Thanks for your patience

Al
    Cheers for that.
    Hi Sciprio

Thanks
    Al
    Any update yet?

Hi Sciprio

Thanks
    Al

Hi Sciprio

Al
    I actually did a few months beforehand and i was talking to an Indian person and he said it was all changed.
    HI Sciprio

There is no record of this attempt and the subsequent bills were still sent in the previous owners name. I'm sorry I can't offer you better news.

Thanks
    Al

That sucks but thanks for trying. Cheers.

That sucks but thanks for trying. Cheers

Thanks Sciprio

I understand this is disappointing and wish I could offer you better news
    Al

Advertisement