Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No broadband or Phone service

Options
  • 05-09-2014 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I signed up to Efibre 3 weeks ago. I received a letter welcoming me to Eircom but it had no account number or installation date. Since yesterday I have no phone or broadband service. Can someone look into why I have no service and how long it will be till I get efibre installed?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭jowkon

Welcome in eircom! Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

I know this is unhelpful but you (or anybody else) made a big mistake switching to eircom. If you can change then i would advise you to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

iMuse wrote: »
    Hi,

I signed up to Efibre 3 weeks ago. I received a letter welcoming me to Eircom but it had no account number or installation date. Since yesterday I have no phone or broadband service. Can someone look into why I have no service and how long it will be till I get efibre installed?

Thanks
    Hi iMuse

If you can PM me the name on the account or order and your address I will check for more information on this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Any update on this?

Thanks

Any update on this?

Thanks
    Hi iMuse

I am awaiting an update, apologies for the delays. As soon as I have more information I will let you know right away.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

What is the story with this? Eircom's customer service has to be up there with the worst I've encountered. Going to have to contact comreg  as Eircom seem completely clueless regarding my service

What is the story with this? Eircom's customer service has to be up there with the worst I've encountered. Going to have to contact comreg  as Eircom seem completely clueless regarding my service
    Hello iMuse

I have looked in to this in detail and sought advice from the efibre operational teams. It has been confirmed to me that the order could not proceed as there is no working eircom infrastrucure landline socket in place. The provider you are with utilises a different infrastructure which we are unable to perform a transfer straight to efibre on.

This can indeed be resolved by placeing an order to come back to eircom on a standard line and then when an eircom landline is in place order an upgrade to efibre - To request this please contact sales on free phone 18005030303.

Thanks
    Al

Hello iMuse

I have looked in to this in detail and sought advice from the efibre operational teams. It has been confirmed to me that the order could not proceed as there is no working eircom infrastrucure landline socket in place. The provider you are with utilises a different infrastructure which we are unable to perform a transfer straight to efibre on.

This can indeed be resolved by placeing an order to come back to eircom on a standard line and then when an eircom landline is in place order an upgrade to efibre - To request this please contact sales on free phone 18005030303.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Alan,

I understand that I would need to be transferred back to an eircom landline before been upgraded to efibre. I was told this at the time of ordering so why hasn't it been done? I assumed this was in progress due to having no phone or broadband service since last week. Can you confirm if my order has gone through to be moved over to a standard line or do I need to contact your sales team (again). Its almost a month since I ordered at this stage!

Thanks

Advertisement