Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

claiming flate rate expenses for the current year

Options
  • 05-09-2014 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hello,

Does anyone know if/how flat rate expenses can be claimed for the CURRENT tax year? As in claiming now for 2014?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,395 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

It should be on your list of tax credits, and so be part of the tax credits on your payslip.

You typically don't claim it each year, like med expenses.

It's part of your tax credits from the day you start work.

Now, if for some reason, it was included with your tax credits, then you would have to add it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 suefox

Thanks! Sorry that this may be a stupid question, but could you tell me how to add it? When I go onto PAYE online I can only download a form 12 for 2013, I can't see any for the current year. Neither are flat rate expenses listed in the online selection of tax credits available on my overview page.

Can I claim this tax online? If not, how do I go about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭Citizenpain

in payeanytime - hit 2014 - or any previous years you want to claim for --- you can add it in the tax credits then

• Registered Users Posts: 27 suefox

Thanks, I'd been looking in the wrong place! Any little helps :-)

Advertisement