Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Converting a pub to a residential property

Options
  • 05-09-2014 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have been searching for property for some time now without any sugcess

I found a property that ticks all the right boxes problem is that it is a pub:o

In a past life it was most likely a house possibly converted to a pub in the 80's

It has a liquer licence going with it aswell

Wat thinking of converting it into resedential property and selling off the licence.

How much is a Liquer licence worth these days and how much effort would be required to get it converted on paper to a private residence

Any sugestions or experience would be helpfull

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

I didnt think you could sell on a liquer licence ?

As for concerting it to a private residence. You will need to potentially get planning permission for change of use. Is it soned for residential I wonder this could be tricky.

Theres probably building regulations that you would beed to adhere to (although I dont know what these would be)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,535 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Hi All,

I have been searching for property for some time now without any sugcess

I found a property that ticks all the right boxes problem is that it is a pub:o

In a past life it was most likely a house possibly converted to a pub in the 80's

It has a liquer licence going with it aswell

Wat thinking of converting it into resedential property and selling off the licence.

How much is a Liquer licence worth these days and how much effort would be required to get it converted on paper to a private residence

Any sugestions or experience would be helpfull

Cheers
    Are you sure that it still has a licence ? I would doubt that it does

Without seen the building it would be impossible to say how much it would cost

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭wicklow_hunter

Estate agent advised me that it had a licence. Apparently its worth 50k odd The pub is in a very poor state. It was vandalised also... It's the location that's floating my boat tbh. It is also 2 story high - very hard to find... Might try callin the vetiners association to find out if licences can be sold...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Liquor licence is worth about €70k

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Estate agent advised me that it had a licence. Apparently its worth 50k odd The pub is in a very poor state. It was vandalised also... It's the location that's floating my boat tbh. It is also 2 story high - very hard to find... Might try callin the vetiners association to find out if licences can be sold...

Worth €70k and it can be sold. I work in finance and you can take an assignment over them for collateral.

• Advertisement
Advertisement