Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why can't I get a Visa Debit Card with my new Current Account?

Options
  • 05-09-2014 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

I have my old BOI account since 1996, I have been officially out of employment since June 2013 and I have recently started a Jobbridge. My old account was overdrawn plus every few months BOI stick  70/80 extra on top of this. I have been living hand to mouth since I was out of work and I am finally getting a handle of my finances, however my old account is about 250 overdrawn and I will only be able to pay €10/€20 a week off this.

So I decided to set up a new current account to pay direct debits out of and I assumed that I would be able to get a Visa Debit card so I can easily lodge money to pay the DDs each week/month. I was also going to pay into my old account every week to clear the money I owe. Now I just called to find out what happened to the Visa Debit card and I was told the system wouldn't allow me to have one.

That's fair enough, but where is the customer service here? How about calling me and letting me know? Or telling my other options, like can I get a lodgement card? 

Am I still able to use the current account to set up DDs? Shocking lack of regard for customers here.

What are you going to do about this BOI?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Lux23,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We are sorry to hear you are unhappy with the level of service received. As we do not have access to customer's account details here, we would be unable to check the status of your account. We would suggest contacting the branch you opened the new account with and a representative will be more than happy to help.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Thank you, I just got a call from a very helpful employee and she will look into it for me. I would be happy with a lodgement card so hopefully that is forthcoming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Lux23,

Thanks for coming back to update us. Glad to hear this is being looked into for you. If you should have any queries we can help with here, please let us know. 

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement