Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

920xt

Options
  • 05-09-2014 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭

Its out.

Bluetooth enabled for emails and texts from phones
    wifi enabled
    colour screen
    low profile

and much much more.

AKW - get me one!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭ray o

tunney wrote: »
    Its out.

Bluetooth enabled for emails and texts from phones
    wifi enabled
    colour screen
    low profile

and much much more.

AKW - get me one!

Who in their right mind would want to supply you with any new Garmin product? I am however looking forward to the endless bitching you will do about it if you do get one at some point

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

How much?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

link?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

low profile. i'm in. don't give a $hit3 about wifi or bluetooth to phone, but form factor will do it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭pointer28

Sounds great, like Mossym more interested in it being neat with a good battery than phone connectivity etc but I'm terrified to buy anything new off Garmin, everything they make seems to be a total ballache for the first six months.

• Advertisement

I think Dave was just having a bit of Friday fun. I would doubt the replacement for the 910 would have or even need (lower profile would be nice) any of the functions described.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

get me one!
    I might have believed you but for this bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

ray o wrote: »
    I think Dave was just having a bit of Friday fun. I would doubt the replacement for the 910 would have or even need (lower profile would be nice) any of the functions described.

No I wasn't.

Bluetooth and message/call/email alert - look at the vivosmart DCRainmaker covered this week
    Wifi - top end devices are shipping with this - why go through BTLE/ANT+ to a computer use wifi avoid the computer altoghter and then syncing directly to garmin connect
    Colour screen - why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

No I wasn't.

Bluetooth and message/call/email alert - look at the vivosmart DCRainmaker covered this week
    Wifi - top end devices are shipping with this - why go through BTLE/ANT+ to a computer use wifi avoid the computer altoghter and then syncing directly to garmin connect
    Colour screen - why not?

These features are all on other high end devices, you've just listened to AKW too much when he tells you about the V800 and you think *thats* a high end device

• Registered Users Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭Dory Dory

I wonder how big it is? I have steered clear from the 910 purely because of its size.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

These features are all on other high end devices, you've just listened to AKW too much when he tells you about the V800 and you think *thats* a high end device

Em you quoted yourself as listening too much to me? Hardly likely to happen!!

:D

How much?

No idea and with Garmin Ireland's history we will get details of due date and pricing the day before they arrive in Ireland. Bit of a joke.

When I get an idea I'll let you all know.

ray o wrote: »
    Who in their right mind would want to supply you with any new Garmin product?

Rock and hard place comes to mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Fazz

Not sure on legitimacy, but here is an alleged leak..

Guessing Kona is it's big release?

http://the5krunner.com/2014/09/22/its-here-garmin-920xt-pre-release-insight/

49f9910e8c14c758a1ba5c55af3ada951.jpg?w=300&h=159

I really like the look of the planned 930xt :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

USD450... Not too bad, I am in the US in later October. I might add this to my wish list.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

mloc123 wrote: »
    USD450... Not too bad, I am in the US in later October. I might add this to my wish list.

Shhhh don't say things like that in front of AKW...

Shhhh don't say things like that in front of AKW...

It's alright, I'll have a word with my mate in Customs. ;)

It is Caveat emptor or Cavity search?

mloc123 wrote: »

Get the HRM4 with it. You'll miss half the running features and all of the Vo2 / recovery without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭Bambaata

That link not working for anyone now?

• Advertisement

I still had it open :)

Garmin 920XT | Here It Is | The *FIRST* Pre Release Insight

22 Monday Sep 2014
    Posted by Race Leader in Gadgets & Gear
    5 Comments

Tags
    Garmin, Garmin 910XT, garmin 920xt, Garmin Forerunner, Triathlon Watch

[COLOR=#]3 Votes[/COLOR]

garmin-forerunner-920xt-triathlon-watch-2014.png?w=134&h=150Garmin Forerunner 920XT Triathlon Watch (a click will take you to the earlier fantasy review)

Here it is then !
    Garmin 920XT. You saw it here first (Maybe!!)
    What’s new?
    I speculated on some of the features and the look and feel in my fantasy review here. Turns out to be not so much of a fantasy after all (s/he says smugly).
    So in summary:
    1. It comes in black/blue (also a second colour)
    2. Comes with the HRM4 (HRM-RUN) strap
    3. Has Running Dynamics like the 620 (vertical oscillation, cadence, ground contact time)
    4. Looks like the 910XT
    5. But has a colour screen!
    6. The screen shows the regular metrics but with alternate ways of viewing ie graphical
    7. It is also an activity tracker able to count steps and the like.
    8. Text/call notifications via your mobile phone using the ‘CONNECTED FEATURE’ and the ‘NOTIFICATIONS FEATURE’
    9. More advanced recovery/fatigue/VO2/predictor metrics
    10. Swim mode drill logging
    11. USD450 (USD500 with HRM4) OR in the UK GBP390 (GBP420 with HRM4)
    12. Ships 5th October 2014 in USA. Maybe same in UK
    13. All that the 910XT can do (hopefully)
    garmin-forerunner-920xt-triathlon-watch-red-white.png?w=263&h=300Garmin Forerunner 920XT Triathlon Watch Red White – clicking takes you to a colour and price page on this site.

Advertisement