Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on unscrupulousness vendor

Options
  • 04-09-2014 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

《Mod snip》, Bray, Co.Wicklow has returned to the market:

The property previously went sale agreed two months ago but the vendor pulled out the day contracts were due to be exchanged. This is not the first time he has pulled out.

If you are interested in this property you should make sure you ask the following questions:

- Does the covering of the back garden have planning permission?
    - Is the property correctly registered with the land register? if not who's responsibility and at who's cost is it to register the property.
    - Does the vendor have any issues with standard lending terms and conditions such as lag time between signing of contracts and draw down of mortgage funds.
    - Is the property lease hold or freehold?

The reason I have started this thread is that I do not want any individuals who may potentially be interested in purchasing this property from incurring any undue expense and stress without first being aware of the answers to these questions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

《Mod Snip》 Bray, Co.Wicklow has returned to the market:

The property previously went sale agreed two months ago but the vendor pulled out the day contracts were due to be exchanged. This is not the first time he has pulled out.

If you are interested in this property you should make sure you ask the following questions:

- Does the covering of the back garden have planning permission?
    - Is the property correctly registered with the land register? if not who's responsibility and at who's cost is it to register the property.
    - Does the vendor have any issues with standard lending terms and conditions such as lag time between signing of contracts and draw down of mortgage funds.
    - Is the property lease hold or freehold?

The reason I have started this thread is that I do not want any individuals who may potentially be interested in purchasing this property from incurring any undue expense and stress without first being aware of the answers to these questions.

Those are standard questions asked by any competent conveyancing solicitor.

I'm failing to see the point of your thread under the remit of this discussion forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Buyer Be Ware

Around 2 months ago I got to the end of a property purchase in Bray with all conveyancing and surveying complete bar the final contracts. However on the day that the contracts were to be signed the vendor pulled out referencing a difficulty accepting a standard mortgage condition (if I lost my job I’m not obliged to purchase).

There are a number of issues that any buyer needs to contend with:
    1. The property is old and there are a number of issues with the land register and the vendor refuses to help with rectifying any of these
    2. There is an illegal building at the back that does not have planning permission
    3. There are issues with the structure

The property has since returned to the market at c€40,000 more than my agreed sale price and with an estate agent located in Tempelogue as local estate agents know the properties history. It has since transpired that the vendor has done this twice before.

I have since sale agreed on another property but do not want another person to have to experience the same stress and costs that we did.

Should I contact the new agents letting them know the history or how do I let potential purchasers know the history with this vendor.

All advice appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

Around 2 months ago I got to the end of a property purchase in Bray with all conveyancing and surveying complete bar the final contracts. However on the day that the contracts were to be signed the vendor pulled out referencing a difficulty accepting a standard mortgage condition (if I lost my job I’m not obliged to purchase).

There are a number of issues that any buyer needs to contend with:
    1. The property is old and there are a number of issues with the land register and the vendor refuses to help with rectifying any of these
    2. There is an illegal building at the back that does not have planning permission
    3. There are issues with the structure

The property has since returned to the market at c€40,000 more than my agreed sale price and with an estate agent located in Tempelogue as local estate agents know the properties history. It has since transpired that the vendor has done this twice before.

I have since sale agreed on another property but do not want another person to have to experience the same stress and costs that we did.

Should I contact the new agents letting them know the history or how do I let potential purchasers know the history with this vendor.

All advice appreciated.

You walk away from it and don't hold a grudge - This property has nothing to do with you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You walk away from it and don't hold a grudge - This property has nothing to do with you.

Have to concur- you've bought somewhere else- its not your problem, why are you trying to poke a hornets nest? Move on- put it down to experience- its not your duty or moral responsibility to start Chinese whispers about the vendor.

Move on. Its not your problem.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement