Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best program to record audio from Youtube

Options
  • 05-09-2014 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    What's the best free program to record audio from Youtube? Ideally I'd like to be able to insert breaks in the recording and have good audio quality

If inserting breaks isn't possible I can just make multiple recordings.

I've googled it but there's multiple suggestions.

Thanks,
    Patrick

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭SMJSF

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    What's the best free program to record audio from Youtube? Ideally I'd like to be able to insert breaks in the recording and have good audio quality

If inserting breaks isn't possible I can just make multiple recordings.

I've googled it but there's multiple suggestions.

Thanks,
    Patrick

I dunno if it's available, but maybe just download the audio, edit it in movie maker and ad the breaks you want....

Best suggestion I can give. Sorry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭solomafioso

Firefox has an extension called Downloadhelper. Use that to grab the vid. Then you can use VLC to 'strip' the audio. Then use Audacity to chop it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

There's an add-on/extension for Opera called SaveFrom.net which gives various download formats including audio.

It's also available straight from their site: http://en.savefrom.net/

Enter the youtube URL and then expand the More option on the right for audio options.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭practice

I use www.yourvideofile.org free extension for firefox.
    Allows an mp3 download

• Registered Users Posts: 25,450 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I've used this for a few years, it works very well though I don't do any editing, I just take the whole soundtrack from the Youtube video as an MP3 file.

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-YouTube-to-MP3-Converter.htm

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭DLMA23

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

This is the best I've used recently

You can grab the audio directly on-line are you can install theit little App. Just make sure to untic the small bit of crap they try to install with it,

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Advertisement