Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oktoberfest Sept 2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Not pushed on the one in IFSC at all, a couple of years ago there was one in the Mansion House that was brilliant though. Wonder if that will ever be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 briano13

Same! I keep checking around for the alternative smaller Oktoberfest experience where it would be less like the IFSC over priced one. I thought there was a 2nd one on this year somewhere in Dublin? No?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

briano13 wrote: »
    Same! I keep checking around for the alternative smaller Oktoberfest experience where it would be less like the IFSC over priced one. I thought there was a 2nd one on this year somewhere in Dublin? No?
    Same with the Christmas market in IFSC, it was good a few years ago, how it's total overpriced garbage.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭owen85

friends of mine want to go to this tomorrow. silly question, is cider sold in all stalls there? i cant drink beer unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭neckedit

^^^ Just Beer I fear.....^^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭petronius

I was disappointed by the Oktoberfest in Dublin...
    I thought the prices were again over the top
    I thought the food options were limited
    No Schnitzel unless i missed it
    No Applestrudel unless I missed it as well wanted to have a coffee and studel :(
    Currywurst in with a bun (more like a hot dog than real currywurst on a plate of fries)
    I did find having a polish stand there unusual but nice offering
    -
    I did find the security and gardai helpful when a friend "lost" her bag...
    Hopefully next year they will improve!
    Maybe a change of venue?
    Maybe Dublin castle(either main square or chester beaty library) grand canal square and lock?) , smithfield(too many skangers)? iveagh gardens(more cost)? meeting house square(too small maybe)
    -
    I would recommend if you go to an Oktoberfest or beer festival in germany, don't go to Munich, go to a smaller town with its own
    less drunken americans and shorter queues and nice local produce..

Advertisement