Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Incorrectly charged for Leap Card credit

Options
  • 05-09-2014 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,100 ✭✭✭

Yesterday evening I was trying to put credit on my Leap Card using the machine at Raheny Dart station. I selected 20 euro credit and put in my pin, but the machine froze and I had to cancel the transaction. I did it again for 10 euro this time and it worked.

I checked my balance later and I was charged for the 20 euros, even though the card didn't update and I didn't get a receipt. I got a receipt for the 10 euro however. I have informed Irish Rail but haven't heard back. The 20 credit did not go onto the card.

Can you advise? I tried to contact my branch but just got through to Bank of Ireland Direct and was left on hold for about 10 minutes.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi eviltimeban, 

Thanks for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

We are sorry for the lengthy hold time you experienced. 

Generally speaking, if you make a transaction on your account and it is not processed by the retailer, the debit should automatically fall off your account within 3 to 5 working day. 

If this does not happen please contact Irish Rail directly. They should then be able to identify the processed transaction and refund it to your account. 

We hope this helps and if we can help you with any other queries, just ask. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine

Advertisement