Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Doc

Options
  • 05-09-2014 12:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I saw on twitter that The Doc is in Limerick spreading the good word on Dove as he put it himself. How can one of the best coaches in the game coming to Ireland not have any real publicity? Anyone got any insights or info on his schedule?

P.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

pgibbo wrote: »
    So I saw on twitter that The Doc is in Limerick spreading the good word on Dove as he put it himself. How can one of the best coaches in the game coming to Ireland not have any real publicity? Anyone got any insights or info on his schedule?

P.

would his past issues be any reason for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

promethius wrote: »
    would his past issues be any reason for this?

Perhaps. Someone is obviously hosting him though and having talks if what I heard is true. Can't be cheap bringing him over so I'm confused why there wasn't more info or advertising.

Whatever his past sins he's an amazing coach. I don't want the thread to descend to that like over on ST. I for one would love to attend a talk, Q&A or camp with him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

where is he talking in limerick? his feed says it is tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

No idea where he's talking

• Registered Users Posts: 12,583 ✭✭✭✭tunney

Must be the Tralee Tri Club, they have all the connections

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

A couple of weeks back I was contacted about sponsoring the cost of bringing the Doc to Ireland as he was to be integral to a planned event in Carrick on Shannon. The tag on it was way too much for a small independent store yet I seemed to be the one doing all the talking about how to promote and sell the event to cover the costs as this didn't seem to be fully thought out.

Having suggested a cover charge of €10 or similar to cover the hosting / travel and offering a number of locations for a seminar A/ my store B/ a local hotel if numbers warranted, I heard nothing more from the coordinator. At one point last week chatting to another fellow I heard that GoTri were having a coaching day where the Doc would host a high level coaching session in Limerick for coaches - I got the impression that this was for Tri Coaches only - and could get no further information.

A pity cos it would have been great to meet the man. Seems like a clusterf@¢k of a set up as nothing was promoted, pushed or discussed anywhere. Something on Twitter on Saturday morning about being an open event in Limerick kind of leaves it very last minute for anyone to attend, other than those in the 'know'.

Weird setup.

Advertisement