Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airtricity

Options
  • 05-09-2014 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭

Hey last actual reading with airtricity was in January of this year. In the mean time we have received estimates. Like a lot previous estimates, this most recent bill has been way off. We have submitted actual reading in the past and received amend bills. June of this year was an exception in our bill arrived after the money had already been deducted. Estimate usage on that bill for day units had been 161 unit, actual usage of day unit 190 units. They had estimated night unit usage of 240 when actual night usage had been 50 units.
    Bill issued at the end of august had the same issue rolling over form June bill.
    Estimated day usage 167 units estimate night usage of 240 units.

The accumulated estimate on day unit was under estimated by 72 units by the time I got my bill, with the accumulated estimate on night units over estimated now by 401 units. Revised reading was submitted last Thursday online and today the original bill was deducted from my account.

They have suggested my usage has increased by 80.9% all based on an estimate. Where they pluck their figures from I will never know. Of course ringing their number only gives you an automated service with no chance to speak to an operator.
    Anyone else have issues with them accepting meter readings. They have accepted meter reading when there was minor difference or they had underestimate a winter bill, but they seem unwilling to accept an overcharge even though actual usage was inline with the same period last year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,058 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Submit the corrected readings to ESB Networks - this bypasses any option of them accepting them or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

How do I do that. Do I use the account number I have been issued by airtricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You probably can use the meter number to contact ESB Networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,058 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Name and MPRN, which will be on your bill:

https://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/en/domestic-customers/metering/submit_meter_reading.jsp

They do all the reads and should have fired a card with your MPRN and all the details to submit in when they failed to get a read at some time since January - it should be every 4 months minimum. Mine still gets attempted pretty much every bill (indoor meter, so it never *does* get read).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Too late for this bill I am guessing. No chance of airtricity crediting my bank account for the overcharge. :confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement