Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will a powerline adapter solve my problem in new aprtment?

• 05-09-2014 12:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭

Just moved apartment and was wondering if a powerline adapter would solve my problem.
    Phone socket is in the hall a distance I'd rather not have a cable run along and need to hook up both my PC and my PS3 (in same room together) to the router which will either be in the hall or in the room beside it.

Will I be able/is it advisable to use a powerline adapter to allow me to connect my PC to the router via on of those and will I run unto problems using more than one set powerline adapters at the same time?
    Is there anything I shouldn't do with them in terms of positioning etc. Was looking at getting a pass-through pair like these ones
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00ECBSQQS
    Would buying two sets of these be alright?
    Speed wont be an issue for me since my internet is pretty much maxing out at about 20Mbps although I do a good bit of streaming from my PC to my PS3. Would they be ok?

Comments

Advertisement