Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting started with ACCA home study

Options
  • 05-09-2014 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hi,

I appreciate that there are hundreds of posts here in relation to ACCA.
    However I was wondering if someone could explain the basics to me.

I'm looking to start from the beginning, F1. I'm not sure my history degree will help me too much....

So my questions are,
    I'm looking to do the first 3 papers with home study. A friend of mine has already done these exams and is giving me his old books to study. Do I need to be registered with a college at all to do this? I appreciate they will not be teaching me but is it a requirement of ACCA that everyone has an education provider of sorts? Also if you're not registered with a college can you still book an exam through them?

For F1 and f2 would 15 hours a week between them be a realistic enough amount of study? Like most people doing this I already work long enough hours.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭jjjd

GDK_11 wrote: »
    Hi,

I appreciate that there are hundreds of posts here in relation to ACCA.
    However I was wondering if someone could explain the basics to me.

I'm looking to start from the beginning, F1. I'm not sure my history degree will help me too much....

So my questions are,
    I'm looking to do the first 3 papers with home study. A friend of mine has already done these exams and is giving me his old books to study. Do I need to be registered with a college at all to do this? I appreciate they will not be teaching me but is it a requirement of ACCA that everyone has an education provider of sorts? Also if you're not registered with a college can you still book an exam through them?

For F1 and f2 would 15 hours a week between them be a realistic enough amount of study? Like most people doing this I already work long enough hours.

Thanks

No, you need to register as a student with ACCA only. You apply for exams through them. There is no requirement for an educated provider. You can self study if you so wish. There are lots of websites out there you can use. Opentuition.com is quite good, free online lectures and study materials. If you register with ACCA now you could potentially sit F1, F2 & F3 this December.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭GDK_11

Thanks jjjd,

Appreciated.

Advertisement