Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation Maynooth area

Options
  • 05-09-2014 2:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭

Myself and my partner are looking to rent a house in the vicinity of Maynooth i.e Kilcock, Clane, Straffan etc.

I am working as a software engineer so would be commuting and she is going back to NUIM as a mature student.

We are having difficulties because I am being honest with potential landlords and telling them that we have a small dog.

We are looking for houses around the 900 mark. If anybody can help out or knows anybody who might be able please get in touch with me.

Or if anybody has any advice that would be great too. Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Renting with a dog is always difficult. I would advise you to not mention it until just before signing a lease, then have photos of your dog with you and a little 'reference' if you can get one, from a previous landlord/dog trainer/vet saying your dog is well behaved and has not caused any issues previously (no noise complaints or damage). Lastly, if you are in a position to offer a couple of hundred euro extra as an additional deposit, it will further settle any doubts the landlord might have that the dog is going to run amuck.

Unfortunately, due to the time of year and the rental market in Maynooth in general, you are at a disadvantage and need to go the extra mile to make sure the Landlord knows you can be trusted and your dog is no hassle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Riverireland

I would say you'll struggle to get anywhere for less than €1200pm. The students are back now so there wll be little availability. Kilcock or celbridge might be a little less expensive.

Advertisement