Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about raw fish in Ireland

Options
  • 05-09-2014 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hello guys,

just wondering if it's "safe" to eat sushi in Ireland. I mean, in Italy the fish must have been at -80 C° before eating it raw, i don't know the exact name of the process.

Things is, I like sushi but I know that different countries have different laws so If someone can shed some light on this I would highly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

I know we're not allowed post about food safety here so all I can tell you is that I certainly wouldn't make sushi out of pre-packaged fish bought in Tesco etc.

However I do make it with fish from the market which is caught the night before. and packed in ice.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭bahamut88

Oh, how come we're not allowed to talk about this? However, I don't intend to do it myself, I just want to eat it in restaurants :)

Thanks for your reply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

bahamut88 wrote: »
    Oh, how come we're not allowed to talk about this? However, I don't intend to do it myself, I just want to eat it in restaurants :)

Thanks for your reply.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057248998 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭bahamut88

aaaaaaaaaa, sorry.
    So, where am I supposed to ask? :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

bahamut88 wrote: »
    aaaaaaaaaa, sorry.
    So, where am I supposed to ask? :D

I'd say the Irish Sea Fisheries Board (BIM) would be your best bet - drop them an email and at least you'd be getting reliable information.

Thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement