Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Derek Ryan

Options
  • 05-09-2014 2:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭

Any Derek Ryan fans here?

There's a few gigs coming up next spring.

He had a new album out last week called The Simple Things and that is number one this week.

He plays many hotels and dance halls but dancing and jiving scene probably wouldn't be for every one. I know I like his music but the dancing and the jiving is not for me. I wanted to see him in concert for a while now but that didn't happen. There were a few gigs in the past few months but places and dates never worked for me.

So far he's playing:

Wexford Opera House on the 9th of Janaury 2015 (that's a friday).

Royal Theatre Castlebar on the 20th of February 2015 (That's a Friday too).
    This event is up on ticketmaster but still no tickets for sale.

The Olympia Theatre on the 14th of March (That's a Saturday). Tickets for this are up on the ticketmaster and are on sale.

I'm delighted at picking up a ticket for the Olympia gig.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 876 ✭✭✭Euphoria Intensifies

Was at his Olympia gig in July just gone, and it was great! He puts on a really good show. Got to meet him afterwards too :)

I'm sure you'll have a great time!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

I wanted to go to that gig in the Olympia back in July but I couldn't because it was a weekday. I'm thrilled with the Saturday gig in March. I'm getting a little worried though because I didn't see it advertised any where. It's not on the Olympia website, or I think mcd were his promoters in July and it's not on their webpage. It's not on his webpage either. Nor his facebook. I just happened to be browsing ticketmaster a week before Sunday last and the event came up with no tickets. I went to check a few days later and tickets were on sale and I tried for 2 and it gave me back 2 in the front row, so I took them. I hope their isn't some sort of a mistake on ticketmasters side.

I'd say if anyone is going to this and planning an overnight stay in Dublin, book early and book accommadation too because when I went looking for a hotel room at the weekend, the options were limited and expensive. The start of Paddy's week and all, the hotels will be milking people.

The Castlebar show is also now up on sale on ticke

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 479 ✭✭In Lonesome Dove

I haven't seen this gig advertised anywhere yet. The image that I attached is from his twitter and in the blue circle are a few dates for early next year up until the end of march with no mention of the Olympia gig.

Advertisement