Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BOI Cheque clearance time in branch?

Options
  • 05-09-2014 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,377 ✭✭✭

Why would it take longer for a BOI cheque, to appear in my Acc when using self service atm? In my local town the self service in branch atm takes 6 hours for the amount to appear in my Acc, yet in another branch, 15 minutes away, it appears within 30 minutes? I've complained about this to BOI staff but to be honest it's not going to have any effect who I complain to

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Colash, 

Thanks for your post today. 

As lodgements are processed at different intervals throughout the day, the time it takes for a cheque to appear on your account will vary. This variance is also dependant on the amount of staff available to process these lodgements. 

We can assure you, cheques will always be visible on your account before close of business on the same banking day in which they were lodged and are sent for clearance on the same day. 

As such the time it takes for a cheque lodgement to appear on your account will not impact the clearing time involved. 

We hope this helps explain your query. If we can help you with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement