Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TP Link TD-W8968 static routing

Options
  • 05-09-2014 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

I am having trouble setting up a static route on this router. I am trying to route the google dns so I can set up my roku 3. I keep getting the message "destination address 8.8.8.8 shall have network prefix length". It doesn't add in the static route to the list. Any idea what is wrong?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

None of what you said makes any sense.

You don't need a static route for DNS. For home networks, you don't need static route for anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭selfbuilder1

Sorry if I wasn't very clear. I want to set up the Roku to view US content and need to set up a static route as the Roku has the Google DNS built in so even if you change the DNS in the router it stills uses Googles DNS for Netflix.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,748 ✭✭✭degsie

Here's what I have on my TP-Link router.

http://i58.tinypic.com/23uc6q1.jpg

That's what I am trying to do but it won't add any to the list just keeps popping up the message about network prefix length.

Might be to do with netmask, so set it as follows...
    Netmask = 255.255.255.255 or Prefix Length = /32

• Advertisement

degsie wrote: »
    Might be to do with netmask, so set it as follows...
    Netmask = 255.255.255.255 or Prefix Length = /32

Thanks a million that seems to have worked. There was no box for netmask but it seemed to work without it. What is netmask for?

Thanks a million that seems to have worked. There was no box for netmask but it seemed to work without it. What is netmask for?

Netmask is used to subdivide a network.

Advertisement