Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MACA Powder - Have you noticed the benefits yet?

Options
  • 05-09-2014 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hello there,

Just started taking MACA powder recently as I've read that it's omnipotent in its potential benefits. However, I just wanted to know if people had really found it beneficial to their health, or even noticeable?
    I'm not worried about it doing any damage to me, just curious to see if I'm wasting my time/money with it (too late for the money I guess). Particularly though, I read that it was good for those who are exercising/weight training often. I'd love if somebody could expand upon this, through personal experience of the powder.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 aibreann_

Hello there,

Just started taking MACA powder recently as I've read that it's omnipotent in its potential benefits. However, I just wanted to know if people had really found it beneficial to their health, or even noticeable?
    I'm not worried about it doing any damage to me, just curious to see if I'm wasting my time/money with it (too late for the money I guess). Particularly though, I read that it was good for those who are exercising/weight training often. I'd love if somebody could expand upon this, through personal experience of the powder.

Thanks

Hi I am a dancer and I have found Maca to be extremely beneficial to my dancing as in better stamina and loads more energy. I also had a very bad hormonal imbalance and Maca sorted that out within a few weeks! For me I felt the difference almost straight away but it could be different for other people! I would highly recommend it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Connollacken

aibreann_ wrote: »
    Hi I am a dancer and I have found Maca to be extremely beneficial to my dancing as in better stamina and loads more energy. I also had a very bad hormonal imbalance and Maca sorted that out within a few weeks! For me I felt the difference almost straight away but it could be different for other people! I would highly recommend it anyway.

Ah great. Did you notice the difference straight away? I'm glad there's a clear difference anyway. So many of these powders have such subtle effects, that they're pretty much a waste of money.

Also, do you take it before or after sessions? Or when?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Fad

• Registered Users Posts: 8 cpwestcafe

I've been drinking MACA coffee for a few weeks now, and while I haven't noticed the dramatic benefits that many people rave about, I feel this is due to the fact that it takes time to realize the full effects of MACA. Even so, I have noticed that this coffee gives me a lot more energy, which is the biggest benefit I have seen so far. MACA coffee, in my opinion, is worth a try. Just keep in mind that the results may take some time to appear, but the benefits will be well worth the wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

maca stimulate the body to produce more estrogen and it can cause symptoms such as irregular or heavy periods, weight gain, fatigue, and fibroids in females. In males, cause breast tissue growth, erectile dysfunction, and infertility. Good luck with that👍

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,376 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

What level of estrogen increase would it cause. Have heard similar estrogen effects from soya (in males).

Sounds like the opposite that what guys training would want tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Actually I don't know how well maca performs but I am sure the girls who are building muscles would love it :)

You're right unfermented soy could cause a variety of problems in white European type people if consumed long term. Asian population seems immune due to some helpful twist in DNA.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭windowcills

I bought a bottle with 60 tablets off amazon, when you could get maca of amazon

Benifits, i would be chomping at the bit to do exercise, any form, weights, running, would drop anything to do exercise, without it i would put exercise off till tomorrow, to tired, cold, wet, ect

Cons, sleep, i was very stressed at night, would remeber something stressful and replay it again and again in my head

Wife took it for a week but stopped as she was getting stressed at night too

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wibago

I just wanted to write about my experience using maca root powder. Just as a qualification, I am not affiliated with anybody who is selling this product, nor do I sell it myself - in fact, I just happened to try it kind of by accident. Anyway, a few months ago, a friend of mine who follows a raw food diet told me about raw maca root powder, which he is taking as a supplement to boost energy. He gave me a kg bag to try as a gift (I know - weird gift) which I promptly stuck in my fridge and forgot about. I noticed the bag about a couple months ago in my fridge and decided to just try it, since it was there. I began mixing a heaping teaspoon full of the powder in my oatmeal daily in the morning – it actually adds kind of a nice caramelly taste. I haven’t really noticed any effects in regards to my energy levels, but I did notice quite a big difference in the hair growth on my arms. I do have quite a bit of body hair (I’m currently getting laser on my legs) and I use an epilator on my arms. Normally the hair grows back fairly quickly after I epilate, and I get quite a few ingrowns if I’m not careful about exfoliating. With the maca root, the hair is growing back much, much more slowly – I still have bald patches – and no ingrowns. I still have some fairly coarse hair on my arms, but a lot of the hair that has come in has come in much finer. It’s a fairly dramatic difference for me in terms of epilating. I last epilated only once a couple months ago (around the same time as when I started the maca root) and I haven’t bothered to do it again, as I’m still comfortable with the amount of hair I have on my arms. Normally I epilate about once a month or so. I googled for more info on maca root, and I learned that it is supposed to help in balancing hormones, so maybe this is why I’m having this result. Anyway, I just wanted to share my story about this in case anybody else wants to try it – I’m sure the results I’m having are due to the maca root - I have not done anything else differently in the past couple of months, and as I’ve said, I see quite a dramatic difference. I’m going to continue with the maca root, and if I see any further effects, I’ll let you all know.

Advertisement