Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long does it take to get deeds from a bank?

Options
  • 05-09-2014 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

I paid a booking deposit for a house 5 weeks ago, however, the solicitor for the Vendor says the Deeds still have not arrived - is this normal - I was hoping we would have the house for mid-term iin October.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bidd

We are selling and our Solicitor drew down the Deeds from our Bank in about 14 days. He did say that our Bank is usually quick. Hope somebody else can be more helpful :).

(I've all the paperwork in place for our Sale - except the Cert of Exemption re NPPR from the Co. Council. There's a huge backlog because of everybody trying to pay before the end of August)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭chin nuts

In the same boat here OP, 3 weeks waiting and still nothing. I'm not known for my patience either 😊. Whats the process once the deeds are drawn down ?? More waiting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Bidd

Once the deeds are drawn down the contract of sale is sent to the purchaser's solicitor - the whole process takes about 8 weeks - all going good :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

A lot of these delays are due to solicitorss ending off an e mail and waiting for someone to respond rather than chasing it by phone until someone in the bank gets fed up with him and sends the deeds out for a quiet life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Kelly06

The deeds are taken up from the vendors bank by the vendors solicitor on accountable trust receipt only after the bank receives a signed authority from the vendor. The deeds will probably have to be scheduled (itemised) before they are sent over by the bank. They will usually have to be signed for. Can be longer than you would think when dealing with a bank. It's not a matter of simply sending an e mail !

• Advertisement
Advertisement