Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Hybrid system

Options
  • 05-09-2014 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking for some advice on a good hybrid system to install in a 1970’s house.
    I have installed a few wired systems over the years but not in a while.
    The house has an existing wired system but most of the windows are not wired. Basically the existing panel is wired to the bell, one PIR, two doors, a couple of windows and the keypad.
    I want to replace this with a new system that will still be wired to the bell, PIR and entry door but will have wireless shock sensors on the windows and possibly wireless panic buttons.
    Ideally I would also like some mobile alerting using a PAYG SIM.
    I have been looking at the Siemens SPC 4320 and it seems to do the job once I get the wireless module.

Would anyone recommend anything else that would do the same job at a better or similar price? I have generally used HKC in the past.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

HKC are still on the go and have a new hybrid panel that's just as easy to use/install..
    HKC
    Risco
    Siemens
    Ge

All very good makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

AlanG wrote: »
    I have been looking at the Siemens SPC 4320 and it seems to do the job once I get the wireless module.

If going down the route of installing a SPC and you need wire free then a better option would be to use a quick bridge. The shock sensors used with the wireless module have no pulse detection on the SPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭AlanG

Thanks, I am now looking at going with a full HKC SW1070 system - do the HKC wireless sensors have pulse detection?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

AlanG wrote: »
    Thanks, I am now looking at going with a full HKC SW1070 system - do the HKC wireless sensors have pulse detection?

Yes they do, here is a link to the specs off them.
    They can also have wired devices into the alarm and tamper inputs on the RF sensors, handy for if you have multiple openings or a larger window you want to fit a second device too.

Advertisement