Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ingredients that take homebrew to the next level?

Options
  • 05-09-2014 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

I'm nearly finished drinking a Festival Razorback IPA kit and the hop pellets included really took this homebrew to the next level. I'm loving it and my mates have really enjoyed it too.

I've done lager's in the past and they've been OK, nothing special, whereas this IPA I think is as good as any craft beer you'd get in town for €5 or €6.

The question is, what other ingredients can you add to a brew during fermentation that will really kick it up to the next level?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bennyineire

To bring it to the next level you could try a simple extract recipe that only requires a couple of hops and maybe a half hour of boiling, try this simple recipe for an Amber ale on the coopers site http://coopers.com.au/#/diy-beer/beer-recipes/ale/detail/cascarillo-amber-ale-recipe-pack/ .
    If thats a bit to much to soon then you could try some hop teas, you cant really do to much at the fermentation stage beside dry hopping, although I once but a lime in a bitter I brewed and it give it a slight lemon taste which was quite nice

Advertisement