Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Options
  • 05-09-2014 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭

Most people probably own the original through humble bundle. BOI is one of my favourite games ever, I've put around 500 hours into it. :eek:

Out November 4th on both PC and PS4. Owners of the original are going to get a discount("Owners of the Binding of Isaac on Steam will get a 33% discount on The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth during the pre-purchase period.") and it'll be free for PS+ users for a month. Can't ****ing wait. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

WTF is this ****

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I never been beaten so badly and abused by a game and came coming back for more since soul series.

day one purchase from me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Indeed, it's a great wee game that manages the 'just one more go' feeling perfectly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

This looks incredible. Glad they made the move away from Flash as Edmund can finally have the huge bullet hell scenes he dreamed of without the lag that plagued the original. Must have game.

Can't believe it's finally out in November, it's felt like forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Here's hoping they bothered to put in gamepad support this time, damn near broke me hands playing with the keyboard last time.

• Advertisement

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Here's hoping they bothered to put in gamepad support this time, damn near broke me hands playing with the keyboard last time.
    I'd say that's pretty much guaranteed, only reason they didn't before is because of Flash, I imagine it's dodgy to implement.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Cydoniac wrote: »
    I'd say that's pretty much guaranteed, only reason they didn't before is because of Flash, I imagine it's dodgy to implement.

Like all good programs that was a feature, not a bug :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I really enjoyed the original, and the Wrath of the Lamb. I can't get past the pixel art style of the remake though, it really puts me off. So I'll give this a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Cotts72

What have I just watched....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

That trailer....

For the people who don't know of this game i advise to look into buying it. Like Terraria its one of those cheap games with addictive game play that will give you hours and hours of fun.

• Advertisement

That trailer....

For the people who don't know of this game i advise to look into buying it. Like Terraria its one of those cheap games with addictive game play that will give you hours and hours of fun.
    Yeah, Binding of Isaac has possibly the most enjoyable rogue-like gameplay ever, nails it with the balance between random generation and fresh experiences.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The pixel art looks so much better than the flash art of the original. I'd say this game is a perfect fit for the Vita.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

TBH, the video probably needs a NSFW tag slapped on it, for those of us stuck in work that wanted a look at the rebirth trailer! D:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Where did you hear it's coming to PS+?

If that's the case I would assume next months plus offering would be this and Driveclub + edition

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

tok9 wrote: »
    Where did you hear it's coming to PS+?

If that's the case I would assume next months plus offering would be this and Driveclub + edition

here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 _taytothief

Trailers are awful, definitely pre-ordering this one though. Certain games don't get included in the "never pre-order" rule. Binding of Isaac is one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

I can't get past the pixel art style of the remake though, it really puts me off. So I'll give this a miss.

There's going to be a "Flash" filter available in the options menu to attempt to make Rebirth look a bit more like the original.

I hate the pixel art too, so that filter will be on permanently for me.

Its out tomorrow. :D

Anyone know if it'll unlock on steam at midnight tonight or will it be sometime tomorrow? nvm, 6pm tomorrow.

It's out now. I'm really enjoying it. I find it a bit faster and tougher than the original but there are tons of little additions that I'm loving.

Just cleared it in my first run, wtf? Kill mom and then the credits rolled. Total time playing the game on steam is 29mins. Uninstalling now, gonna see if steam will give me a refund

• Advertisement

Just cleared it in my first run, wtf? Kill mom and then the credits rolled. Total time playing the game on steam is 29mins. Uninstalling now, gonna see if steam will give me a refund

lmao

Keep playing, that isnt the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

There's definitely enough changes to the game mechanics to make it feel fresh even for those of us who are experienced in the base game.

Still a lot to discover and explore.

Have you not played Isaac before? There are 16 endings or so and you are nowhere even near the end. I had 60 hours on the original and still couldn't get to the second last area. The more you unlock and complete the more that gradually unravels. Try playing it to the end this time and see if anything changes...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

I hated the flash art in the original and I am not a fan of the pixel art.
    No Danny Baranowsky is a complete loss , hopefully the game is still the rogue like beast it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Lol maybe should have done a bit of research on it before buying it? You are FAR from finished, look up what a rogue like actually is and realise how you are meant to replay them multiple uncountable times over.

Also Steam don't refund cus you don't like a game and didnt have the foresight to do some research before buying it.

:D

Nah it's a great game so far, loads of new items i haven't seen before and the pixel art is growing on me, didn't like it after i seen some trailers. Just killed Mom's heart there, but in the floor before it i opened a door locked by two chains and it seemed to give me a totally random character build than the one i had. Anyone seen this room? Devil room's seem to spawn more often after bosses too.

Really enjoying it, with the limitations of the flash version gone the game runs ultra smooth now with some insane bullet hell situations. Think ill sink more hours into this than i did the original...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I was watching some streams of it last night, I like some of the changes I've seen.

Seeds - Isaac races are a real thing, there are some Twitch channels devoted just to that. Watched Mann racing Zeke on Twitch last night, they had good fun doing it and making the "oh, did you get that thing?" "What thing?" "Oh you'll see it..." sorts of jibes kept it light and entertaining, but having seeds meant it was a fair race from the start.

Co-op - it's a decent implementation of it and deliberately makes it not just "2 Isaac's on screen."

Bullet Hell - as mentioned, not being limited by the predecessor's reliance on Flash, there's some fun bullet hell moments with bosses and/or poor enemy management and that's a really nice addition without being way OTT and RAEG inducing.

Look - it's unquestionably The Binding of Isaac with an additional layer of polish. The look's not to everyone's taste of course, but personally I love it.

Tiny Planet item, holy ****, absolutely unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

:D

Nah it's a great game so far, loads of new items i haven't seen before and the pixel art is growing on me, didn't like it after i seen some trailers. Just killed Mom's heart there, but in the floor before it i opened a door locked by two chains and it seemed to give me a totally random character build than the one i had. Anyone seen this room? Devil room's seem to spawn more often after bosses too.

I have seen that room alright, but never had the 2 keys to open it.
    Tiny Planet item, holy ****, absolutely unreal.

Where your tears orbit? Yeah, I hated it, enemies were either too close or too far from them so took ages to kill even a fly.

Just did the "Computer Savvy" challenge, insane damage and easily went into the crack that appears if you beat mom in under 20, just running round blitzing all the bosses.

• Advertisement

I'm loving the antigravity tears.

Advertisement