Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

I noticed sometimes when you do a run Shoel will open in the room where you kill the boss. Then sometimes Shoel will open in the boss room plus a devil room will also open leading to Shoel? Are they effectively the same path? Same for Heaven...

Yup, after killing moms heart you will
    always get the trap door to shoel and ray of light to the cathedral in the boss room. Aside from that if you qualified for a devil deal on that floor the devil deal room will open but only contain a trap door to sheol, similarly if you use the shovel from the womb 2 it will always take you to sheol, or if you find an I am error room or black market it will always go to sheol.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

So I went ahead and
    unlocked The Lost during the week, I really think its poor design to hide some items behind beating goat/shoel/isaac/bossrush with him, especially on hard mode. You have to get so lucky its ridiculous. Made it to the heart fight twice yesterday with him on hard, soul crushing. Hopefully I'll make it some day. Anyone else tried/succeeded with him

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭GO_Bear

So I went ahead and
    unlocked The Lost during the week, I really think its poor design to hide some items behind beating goat/shoel/isaac/bossrush with him, especially on hard mode. You have to get so lucky its ridiculous. Made it to the heart fight twice yesterday with him on hard, soul crushing. Hopefully I'll make it some day. Anyone else tried/succeeded with him
    I have beaten moms heart and isaac on hardmode, got blue baby to 10% on the same run before he tped ontop of me.

I had Nine lives and holy mantle so I got quite lucky except .... my only damage items were lil brimstone and bff's ...... if I had gotten my own brimstone / knife It would of been a joke ! Oh well. I also got as far as satan on hardmode using unicorn stump and some orbitals, again if I had gotten moms knife on that run it would of been a sure fire run to the lamb ! To be honest I am waiting for the run where I get gnawed leaf and daddy long legs / gemini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

So I went ahead and

You're basically relying on shield items like Book of Shadows and Holy Mantle to actually survive a run. Another strategy is Gnawed Leaf and an item that shoots for you but that's kind of cheating it.

J_E wrote: »
    You're basically relying on shield items like Book of Shadows and Holy Mantle to actually survive a run. Another strategy is Gnawed Leaf and an item that shoots for you but that's kind of cheating it.

Managed to just do
    chest run on hard inc boss rush
    . Got epic fetus then mantle and then the dead cat. The relief is amazing, just gotta do the
    dark room
    now with him.

• Advertisement

Managed to just do
    chest run on hard inc boss rush
    . Got epic fetus then mantle and then the dead cat. The relief is amazing, just gotta do the
    dark room
    now with him.
    I still have to unlock The Lost...I liked the idea of doing the 'legit' thing of getting the jigsaw pieces and working out the correct method

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

great game !!!!! i have alot of hours sinked in , but still only playing on normal. have blue baby killed on a few characters, still looking to kill fellow after satn.

i'm now only beginning to know all the pickups, but still make silly mistakes due to greed !! i had guppy, and decent damage and tears, but seen the pickup, and sort of recognized it but still went for it, Dr Fetus FFS, a super powered run ruined !!

I also had a good few runs ruined by dice rooms, but i cannot resist them, as some times you come back so powerful !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Ok, after putting this down since it was free on PSN, i launched it up last night and managed to kill
    Moms foot then Moms heart
    within a few runs while also unlocking Samson, Azereal, Lazurus, Eve and Eden i think. Tried a few of them out to get to grip with things.

I know this is probably old news to most players but i felt like i needed at least 2/3 of the following to give me a decent shot of making it to the boss in good nick
    Floating/flying, thing that lets you smash/wreck rocks etc and some sort of laser attack (the when I played as Lazurus and beat the heart the only reason i got it done was i had a laser buddy who's attack was the same as Azereal

So I'm like 2 endings in now, starting to learn what the cards do due to google/wiki..... anyone got any general advice.... i'm guessing the next thing to do is plow ahead until I have unlocked/beaten all the levels?

i have 15 endings unlocked.

some things are useless, you get to know them after a while. Damage is the most important. try not to get hit (red heart damage ) on floor 2 onwards till after moms heart to get devil deal. if you have a bomb early look for shaded rocks , they look different colour to normal ones. these usually give soul hearts which do not count as damage for devil deals. for flight there are a good few pick ups for it. try get 'scary' . its red , half moon i think. you can shoot through rocks with this. another good deal is a little black companion, he eats red hearts (1.5 to give 1) to give soul hearts. little brimstone is also ok. every time i play now i try to get 'guppy' , so i go into all rooms with red chests, or take guppy pieces with devil deals. if you get trinket 'the left hand' , this is excellent, as it turns all normal chests to red, which means getting 'guppy' is easy. guppy with high damage = victory !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

2smiggy wrote: »
    i have 15 endings unlocked.

some things are useless, you get to know them after a while. Damage is the most important. try not to get hit (red heart damage ) on floor 2 onwards till after moms heart to get devil deal. if you have a bomb early look for shaded rocks , they look different colour to normal ones. these usually give soul hearts which do not count as damage for devil deals. for flight there are a good few pick ups for it. try get 'scary' . its red , half moon i think. you can shoot through rocks with this. another good deal is a little black companion, he eats red hearts (1.5 to give 1) to give soul hearts. little brimstone is also ok. every time i play now i try to get 'guppy' , so i go into all rooms with red chests, or take guppy pieces with devil deals. if you get trinket 'the left hand' , this is excellent, as it turns all normal chests to red, which means getting 'guppy' is easy. guppy with high damage = victory !!
    Fifteen endings? Is
    the chest
    not the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Fifteen endings? Is
    the chest
    not the end?

There's a super-special sixteenth ending.

i think when you look there are 17 endings , i have beaten
    the level after sheol and satan
    but only with a seed a few times, but have come close yesterday a few times. i also have to fight
    super satan inside the gold door in cathedral
    I'd imagine i should have all endings by then. after that onto hard level !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

i think when you look there are 17 endings

Alright, you're technically right. 16 endings plus the epliogue.

i think when you look there are 17 endings , i have beaten
    the level after sheol and satan
    but only with a seed a few times, but have come close yesterday a few times. i also have to fight
    super satan inside the gold door in cathedral
    I'd imagine i should have all endings by then. after that onto hard level !
    I think how you get on in that fight is especially based on how lucky you were with powerups, even more so than any of the other bosses. The bullet hell part is very tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Once.

That's the amount of times I've managed to finish the game. And at that, it was the challenge with the laser beam tears. I'm fecking useless at it but it's brilliant

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 190 ✭✭spookmaster

Cormac... wrote:
    I played this for like 2 hours yesterday..... I have no F**king clue what's going on.... google etc has not helped  There's all these things like items and cards and power ups but I'm not sure how they stack or whatever. Is this one of those games where you have to memorise what like 150 items do cause i'm lost as to what i'm doing. I like the mechanics and how it plays, even though some of the random rooms seem broken. Also wtf is the deal with bombs and bombs rocks, I'm lost

it's a rogue-like game, so the whole point is perma-death and learning that the game will beat you. Items and cards will save to your profile as collectibles. Give it a chance, it's a great game.

it's a rogue-like game, so the whole point is perma-death and learning that the game will beat you. Items and cards will save to your profile as collectibles. Give it a chance, it's a great game.

ya it's fantastic, the more you pass , the more items get added to the basement (pickups). nothing like having 4 hearts left and getting the choice to take moms knife or spooky for 2 or 3 hearts !! my problem is being greedy and taking some bad pickups. like i said earlier, i had guppy early, like 5th floor, and took dr fetus :( , a total waste.

edit: spooky or scary , the one with half moon upside down, red colour, that can shoot through rocks

Still trying to get level 4 ball of bandages, nearly impossible without breaking the game. Got that and need to pick up 4 items to get real platinum god, so close.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Cannot believe I've put 193 hours into this game and I wasn't going to buy it. On to the lost the last week and thinking of calling it a day now. As much as I'd like 100% its slowly ruining the game and my sanity.

Jet Black wrote: »
    Cannot believe I've put 193 hours into this game and I wasn't going to buy it. On to the lost the last week and thinking of calling it a day now. As much as I'd like 100% its slowly ruining the game and my sanity.

haha , the lost is well beyond me !! i think i may have got to the heart without getting hit once or twice, but i always seem to get hit by those 4 eyes at the start of the fight.

i have got the shield in the angel room, which pretty much makes it simple, if you get this with the lost it could be manageable

• Advertisement

Restart until you get the deadcat in a curse room would be the best bet.

Restart until you get the deadcat in a curse room would be the best bet.

does that work with the lost ?

does that work with the lost ?

Yep, only problem is it doesn't tell you how many lives you've got left so you have to remember. Deadcat then hope to become guppy with the free devil deals would be the easiest.

Mega Satan rip :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is this cross-save between PS4 and PSVita? Also can you use the Vita as a 2nd controller in MP to control the things rotating around you?.... I realise these are dumb questions

^^ I think so, no harm in trying.

Anyone managed to get bandage girl? Yesterday I got Pyromanic and sharp plug first floor and ipecac on the second floor. Ended up killed myself on a demon beggar not too long after. So annoyed :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Got real Platinum god couple of weeks back. Only took me 251 hours.. Completing those lost runs were unbelievably annoying.

^^ I think so, no harm in trying.

Anyone managed to get bandage girl? Yesterday I got Pyromanic and sharp plug first floor and ipecac on the second floor. Ended up killed myself on a demon beggar not too long after. So annoyed :mad::mad:

Managed twice first and hardest with sharp plug, monsters manual, Pyro and 99 bombs. It took over 80 bombs to get meat boy and bandage girl with the monsters manual.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Got Guppy and Brimstone as Blue Baby, died on red poop :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/09/08/the-binding-of-isaac-afterbirth-release-date-announced

That is the PC release date for the DLC. I got it on PS4/Vita and have played it practically every working day on the commute to work since. Hopefully they get the finger out and release this for console ASAP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Can't imagine the console date will be much later. I'm so excited for this release, got real platinum god months ago and still haven't stopped playing.

Advertisement