Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

excellent news, I first bought this for my PS4, also later bought it on the PC.

Still have not got real platinum God, but I over 500 mom kills on the PS4 , so that is a lot of hours. I'd usually play a couple of games every evening. I hope they release for the consoles quickly as I have my PS4 in the sitting room, and it's more comfortable playing on that. I'm probably at a point where I know what every pickup does, so it's a good time to be getting all the new items :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

I am finding it so hard to get the final few items. There's a secret room item called Black Lotus that I have never, ever seen. The Bandage/Meat items are so hard to get a stack of, and I don't know how I'll ever
    complete the 3 end bosses with The Lost when I only got to It Lives once after about 300 attempts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

J_E wrote: »
    I am finding it so hard to get the final few items. There's a secret room item called Black Lotus that I have never, ever seen. The Bandage/Meat items are so hard to get a stack of, and I don't know how I'll ever
    complete the 3 end bosses with The Lost when I only got to It Lives once after about 300 attempts!

I'm trying to beat it on hard with the Lost and it's doing my nut in. I haven't made it to It Lives yet.

i have about 7 or 8 items to get, most are to do with the lost and getting the 4 meat items !! I have never really put much effort into trying the lost yet though. I suppose if i kept restarting till i got the holy mantle, then hope for guppy !!

The Lost
    will apparently be made less frustrating to use with the new DLC which gives it the D4 and spectral tears. At the moment it's just way too hardcore - you're basically playing the lottery hoping for Holy Mantle and Dead Cat.

• Advertisement

2smiggy wrote: »
    i have about 7 or 8 items to get, most are to do with the lost and getting the 4 meat items !! I have never really put much effort into trying the lost yet though. I suppose if i kept restarting till i got the holy mantle, then hope for guppy !!

It's a pain in the tits. There's an item that resurrects you as the blue baby with two or three soul hearts. I was flying it when the Lost converted into that, then fcuking took a deal in a devil room that took the hearts off me and killed him(the lost in his original form gets the deals for free).

I nearly fcuked the controller out the window in a rage.

GyUv78cl.jpg

Most evil thing in the game by far.

well 'afterbirth' is out in 2 days, (30th) , but just for the PC. I have it for the PC but generally just play it on the PS4 as I have the PS4 in my sitting room, and my PC out a back room. Just hope the wait is not too long between PC and PS4.

well 'afterbirth' is out in 2 days, (30th) , but just for the PC. I have it for the PC but generally just play it on the PS4 as I have the PS4 in my sitting room, and my PC out a back room. Just hope the wait is not too long between PC and PS4.

I have it on PS4/Vita too. I'd buy it on PC but i'm not sure i want to put myself through all the torture of unlocking nearly everything again.

The lost is still the rock i flounder on. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Been looking forward to this the last few months after milking 400+ hours out of rebirth. I can easily see hundreds more hours put into this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Can't wait for new Lost achievements in Afterbirth :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Greed mode looks amazing. 5pm Friday for unlock??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

5pm Friday for unlock??

Looks like it. Usual 10am Pacific time, just off by an hour since they're still in daylight savings this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

This wait sucks. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Man, i wasn't going to touch this at all since i only* put 50 hours into the base game, but im sat here, waiting on Fallout 4 with nothing to play and that 6 euro price is super tempting :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Regarding The Lost in Afterbirth:
    Saw The Lost's post-it note there earlier, it's got a couple of new spaces. Given what's been seen of the new bosses, that's gonna be ****ing torture.

The Glass Cannon item is incredibly good

The DLC is incredible - completely reinvents parts of the game, feels so fresh to play. As for the
    New mega bosses.... OMG! Ultra Greed is a fantastically fun boss to play and Hush is going to be the new ultimate challenge. Of course you can still 'cheat' them with Gnawed Leaf or Chaos Card, but where's the fun in that?

The DLC is incredible - completely reinvents parts of the game, feels so fresh to play. As for the
    New mega bosses.... OMG! Ultra Greed is a fantastically fun boss to play and Hush is going to be the new ultimate challenge. Of course you can still 'cheat' them with Gnawed Leaf or Chaos Card, but where's the fun in that?

I think 'cheating' the game is part of the fun, it's a game that often fcuks you over so when you get your chance to do it back you take it :D

Really looking forward to experimenting with items like Continuum and Diplopia.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Xyo

Loving the new expansion so far, I really think greed mode needs a little tuning. If you manage to a portable IV you can just about break the game every time due to infinite money and infinite shops

• Advertisement

i think there is a patch coming out shortly and no doubt they willo be fine tuning a few things.

loving it so far, just started a new play through as I played most on my PS4 , but could not be bothered waiting. Just grinding through a few of the characters on normal difficulty. I must also unlock judas shadow and deaths touch from the challenges to make it a bit easier.

I picked up the glass canon as well, great weapon !!

i think there is a patch coming out shortly and no doubt they willo be fine tuning a few things.

loving it so far, just started a new play through as I played most on my PS4 , but could not be bothered waiting. Just grinding through a few of the characters on normal difficulty. I must also unlock judas shadow and deaths touch from the challenges to make it a bit easier.

I picked up the glass canon as well, great weapon !!

I wouldn't bother with normal mode, hard isn't that much more difficult and you'll have to do it to fill out the post-its eventually anyway.

I wouldn't bother with normal mode, hard isn't that much more difficult and you'll have to do it to fill out the post-its eventually anyway.

i was just using it to open up the polaroid and negative , i'll start on hard mode then !!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is this an expansion? If so, is it on PS4?
    I played the game a bit and managed to kill Moms heart.
    Cannot be f**ked doing anymore as this game seems to consume people beyond that :pac:

Cormac... wrote: »
    Cannot be f**ked doing anymore as this game seems to consume people beyond that :pac:

an expansion, but quiet a large one, an awful lot more items, different enemies, bosses, levels and other challenges. It's only on the PC so far, but should be on the PS4 by Christmas hopefully. Really enjoying it so far, but then again I have 600 + moms heart kills on the PS4 version !! Its great fun seeing what all the new items do any new crazy ways they interact together !!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Managed to semi-break the game: had the item to refresh shops, Steam sale and portable blood bank. So use blood-bank to make 4 or 5 coins and then buy a new heart for 2. Proceeded to buy around 50 of the now 7 coin items, so had orbiting shots that insta-killed enemies in one shot, most bosses died before they finished their opening animation.

Pity twas only a challenge map, could have cleared anything with so much stuff :(

Cormac... wrote: »
    What if I told you Mom's Heart is only about halfway through the actual journey you end up taking in future runs ;)

just still unlocking things, but greed mode is great , and surprisingly fun !! tis also tough enough ! I've yet to buy the 'sack' in the shop in it, is it nerfed out ?

just still unlocking things, but greed mode is great , and surprisingly fun !! tis also tough enough ! I've yet to buy the 'sack' in the shop in it, is it nerfed out ?
    Is that the Black Powder? Don't know about that being changed, it's such a fun item to use. There were some bad imbalances made in the last patch which I hope were fixed in the most recent one. For example, Ultra Greed's key coins were made impossibly hard to break in time, made it a real drag to play. Azazel has also had charge time increased... it makes it a little harder to play through with at the start.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What if I told you Mom's Heart is only about halfway through the actual journey you end up taking in future runs ;)

I would say I'm aware of that but not fussed about relying on RNG to let me progress further, I had my fun, will play it again at some other time, maybe when this expansion comes to Playstation

I've gotten my 15-20 hours out of it once it came free on PSN. The other ~400 hours needed to do the rest I consider superfluous personally. I've other games to be moving onto :)

Advertisement