Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,603 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Cormac... wrote: »
    I would say I'm aware of that but not fussed about relying on RNG to let me progress further, I had my fun, will play it again at some other time, maybe when this expansion comes to Playstation

I've gotten my 15-20 hours out of it once it came free on PSN. The other ~400 hours needed to do the rest I consider superfluous personally. I've other games to be moving onto :)

Ah it's well worth putting serious time into. When you get to know what every item does, then seeing what happens with other items is great fun.

afterbirth expansion out tomorrow on the PS4 I believe. love it on the PC, but nothing like lying on the couch playing on the PS4.

yesterday I lost my 78 win streak with Isacc on hard mode , so at least i won't be worrying about that starting it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Stryker_88

Such an amazing game! I recently got by 100% on it. Tough slog but worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This is so fun. Haven't experienced such a "One more go" feeling with a game in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I think I'm finally done with this game tbh. The new DLC for lack of a better word is ****. The base game is excellent and the follow up really added to the game with greed mode and daily challenges but afterbirth+ is currently worthless. If you do pick up this game get Antibirth for free rather than buying +.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Jet Black wrote: »
    I think I'm finally done with this game tbh. The new DLC for lack of a better word is ****. The base game is excellent and the follow up really added to the game with greed mode and daily challenges but afterbirth+ is currently worthless. If you do pick up this game get Antibirth for free rather than buying +.
    Yeah, this is what I've been hearing, that Afterbirth+ actually makes the experience worse rather than better :( I don't want to buy it unless I start hearing better things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Isaac has a long, long history of release bug-laden and imbalanced, suppose it's only fitting its finale goes out the way it came in. I generally wait 6 months before jumping into "new" Isaac, but I tempted to get on board with Afterbirth+ a bit sooner due to its Switch release. Can't resist the temptation of playing my favorite game ever on the go (hush now about the Vita and 3DS releases).

It's a bit daunting to go through the unlocks again, but with The Lost being made a viable character due to the Holy Mantle on spawn (as a slight middle finger to those that did the unlocks in Rebirth) and I believe Keeper's gotten a few buffs in the oven, so it doesn't look like it's gonna be the strain it initially was.

i was going to wait to get it on the PS4 , is the update really that bad ? that's disappointing as i thought afterbirth was excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is "Afterbirth+" available on PS4? I only have the PS version, and not the PC version and can only see the standard "Afterbirth"

no afterbirth + on the PS4 yet. currently playing it on the nintendo switch. it's not great to be honest, and adds little to the game. Also after adding a lot of really trolly rooms where not taking damage is very difficult.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 TurnItOn AndOffAgain

I'm really into this game right time !

Didn't even manage to beat Mum's heart yet though, and it's not even that far '-_-

But progressively been unlocking achievements.

Do you also keep the gamepedia page with the items open to know if they are worth taking ? I can never remember by myself XD

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Yeah, I've often had to pause the game to look up certain items :D Nothing worse than ruining a good run...

Took me a while to pick up the first win, but unlocking items and achievements definitely helps. Plus you get more used to enemies, systems and things like that. I also found it handy to watch some people on YouTube playing it - you see combos, tricks like secret rooms and tinted rocks, how to get deals with the devil and good trades, and things like that.

🤪

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 TurnItOn AndOffAgain

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Yeah, I've often had to pause the game to look up certain items :D Nothing worse than ruining a good run...

Yes, or pick an item that's not so worth it of a heart in a devil's room !

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,272 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'm going to resurrect this zombie thread rather than start a new one.

So I've been playing a few games I have on my VITA that I never originally played and decided to give Binding of Isaac a go.

I was enjoying it at the start but I've already become bored with it. I've beaten Moms heart 3 times at this stage but I know you have to beat it 11 times total to open up the next area. My question is does the game become sufficiently different to warrant the time it takes to do this?

Most people seem to think that finding new items and the combinations of items is what makes the game great but this isn't enough for me to keep doing essentially the same thing over and over again. Are there any permanent upgrades/shortcuts etc or do you always start from scratch and hope the RNG is kind to you on a run?

It might just be one of those games that's well received by most that I just don't get.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,954 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

There are some permanent character upgrades to unlock down the line (the D6, for example, is quite literally a game changer), but vanilla Rebirth is a bit, well, vanilla by how far along the game is now. Getting over Mom's Heart threshold gives you two different, much harder routes to end the game on, but they're be more just harder version of the game you've already been playing.

Each expansion pretty much adds a whole new game.

Advertisement