Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Higher Self

Options
  • 05-09-2014 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭

I've been reading a lot about spirituality lately and have come across the idea of your Higher Self. I am fascinated by it.
    Can anyone tell me your experiences with your HS. I've heard that they know your life purpose and they know all about the lessons you want to learn in this lifetime.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭angelman121

The higher self is not like the human self that is experienced as individual life forms with different faces n names n stories and belief systems with different amounts of knowledge. The higher self or spirit self is part of oneness. The experience is peace love bliss an emptiness that is full and expanding, the stuff that people meditate to get to. When one reaches or reconnects to the higher self they have achieved their life purpose and there is no more need for knowledge. In order to connect to and maintain that connection your higher self must take precedence over your human self and its wants n wishes, its belongings and possessions. In short nothing must be chosen over everything or something or even one thing. This takes patience, dedication, practice and above all free will power of choice.
    As for the lessons in life, it is the soul function of the human ego or lower self to show these to us. These lessons are not hidden from us, we face them through our life in the form of reoccurring feelings, the anger, sadness, fear, hate, emptiness, abandonment etc., all or any of these are the lessons and the lesson to be learned is that we are creating these feeling and emotions not catching them. When that lesson is learned and we take responsibility for our feelings and the energy we produce then the way is clear to maintain nurture and live from our higher self. In my experience what is more important for me is the feelings I don’t have anymore then the chasing of bliss or nirvana, simple peace is enough for NOW. The purpose of this human life is to get us home, the higher self is home already as it cannot leave its creator, its creator being itself, and being eternal and infinite there is nowhere to go that is a part from creation, hence the illusion you are living.
    Happy Every Day
    Love and light
    P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭phelixoflaherty

I need a stepladder to scratch my arse

I need a stepladder to scratch my arse

Seems yr head is full of crap too, happens when yr brain is not far from yr arse :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭EunanMac

Seems yr head is full of crap too, happens when yr brain is not far from yr arse :rolleyes:

That's not a very enlightened response, better have a word with your 'higher self'

EunanMac wrote: »
    That's not a very enlightened response, better have a word with your 'higher self'

Sorry if I'm not living up to your "enlightened response" expectations, but do you really think the "scratch me arse" comment deserved an enlightened response, the smiley :rolleyes: means sarcastic.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

@ phelixoflaherty. Please read the charter and familiarise yourself with what is acceptable in the forum. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

[QUOTE=milli milli

I am fascinated by it.
    . I've heard that they know your life purpose and they know all about the lessons you want to learn in this lifetime.

/QUOTE]

I think it's fascinating and delightful to hear of someone asking these questions, and I wonder how many lifetimes were spent evolving to this point.

I don't have a direct answer for you but, I know that I'm minded and protected while travelling through this lifetime. I have no doubt whatsoever, that there's someone or a group of someone's guiding me along the way. Is it my higher self or just dear friends looking out for me ?? Either way, just knowing their there is what really matters.

Keep it simple, let your intuition and heart guide you along your way.

Advertisement