Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Financial Planning QFA

Options
  • 05-09-2014 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Anyone for this exam tomorrow?? I've found this one of the toughest ones to study for. Pensions is supposed to be the hardest but I found that one ok. Finding it difficult to retain the FP module though. Have gone through the manual, watched the webinars and gone through sample papers and sample answers. Very nervous about tomorrow though.... Interested to see if anyone else on here is sitting exam tomorrow and how their fixed or if you sat it recently any advice would be appreciated!!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭AltAccount

sureshot wrote: »
    Anyone for this exam tomorrow?? I've found this one of the toughest ones to study for. Pensions is supposed to be the hardest but I found that one ok. Finding it difficult to retain the FP module though. Have gone through the manual, watched the webinars and gone through sample papers and sample answers. Very nervous about tomorrow though.... Interested to see if anyone else on here is sitting exam tomorrow and how their fixed or if you sat it recently any advice would be appreciated!!
    Thanks

Yep, sitting it today, don't have a chance of passing, none of the information has stuck.

Hope you do better than I will!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sureshot

Hopefully there'll be a minor miracle and we might just get through!!! Would be so great to scrape a pass but I'm not that hopeful. Running over some of the comparison questions and the moment and still getting mixed up and going blank... Not good...

Best of luck anyway - heading off shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 flower pot

Hi all, I sat this today. Not sure how I feel after it! I really didn't like the case study, I know I barely scored on it :-( the comparison question threw me as well, wasn't expecting the serious illness one. So all in all really can't confidently say I managed a pass. What did you all think?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sparklicious

Hope you did well. Some of my colleagues doing them too. I have an exam next week. Not a QFA one. Knowing the institute of *bankers* the questions will be nowhere near the content of the study manuals. I think they are total incompetents.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭R_V_P 24

flower pot wrote: »
    Hi all, I sat this today. Not sure how I feel after it! I really didn't like the case study, I know I barely scored on it :-( the comparison question threw me as well, wasn't expecting the serious illness one. So all in all really can't confidently say I managed a pass. What did you all think?

I did this today in Dublin, and thought overall it was fair compared to previous papers, the phi and serious illness question threw me alright but other than that it was ok, the case study was tough enough but hopefully overall I managed to pass!! When are the results out does anyone know at all!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 flower pot

R_V_P 24 wrote: »
    I did this today in Dublin, and thought overall it was fair compared to previous papers, the phi and serious illness question threw me alright but other than that it was ok, the case study was tough enough but hopefully overall I managed to pass!! When are the results out does anyone know at all!?
    I think results out in about 6 weeks but could be wrong on that. I actually quite liked the January & May papers and had hoped the case study would be similar. Lets just keep fingers crossed!

flower pot wrote: »
    I think results out in about 6 weeks but could be wrong on that. I actually quite liked the January & May papers and had hoped the case study would be similar. Lets just keep fingers crossed!

I liked today's over any others I seen so hopefully it will all work out!! 6 weeks is a long time, hopefully it's worth the wait!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Gcee

I'm not hopeful about passing neither. I sat the exam on Saturday too and I left some of the sub questions of question two unanswered. I have passed all the other modules.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jenwalsh1983

I sat the Life exam on Saturday also. Its my first one. I found it very difficult so not that hopeful. I'm praying already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 deler

I sat the Life exam on Saturday also. Its my first one. I found it very difficult so not that hopeful. I'm praying already.
    I also sat this exam on the 6th.. my first one.. wisg we were gettin the reults soon. . Was veey hard :(

• Advertisement

deler wrote: »
    I also sat this exam on the 6th.. my first one.. wisg we were gettin the reults soon. . Was veey hard :(

If you think that was hard wait until you get your pensions manual in the post!! Possibly the hardest exam including FP

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sureshot

Fairly sure I'll be sitting the Financial Planning exam again.
    In fairness the paper wasn't that bad but I got all muddled. The Fact find threw me with the cohabiting bit and while I'm sure I picked out all the errors my reasons were rubbish!! Q2 wasn't bad either but I messed up on the chargeable gain % by using 33% instead of 41%. Was so annoyed when I saw the residency for tax purposes question - exact question was on the sample paper but I had just glanced over it and couldn't remember it. Overall pretty dismal performace :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jimjoe007

Hi guys,

I'm sitting Financial Planning in September. Any tips on how best to prepare for it?

Was told to just study the past exam papers and only use the manual as reference.

Way too much in the manual to remember for me.

Any help would be grateful.

Thanks

Advertisement