Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from nutrition and diet

Options
  • 05-09-2014 7:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭

Hi , permanently banned for saying someone who consumes nothing but juice for 30 days had idiotic beliefs. I believe this ban to be unfair.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Please follow the process outlined above. The first step being to discuss the issue with the mod who banned you & try to come to a resolution. Once this step is complete & if you cannot resolve this yourselves, then come back here & we will consider your appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭Bruno26

Please follow the process outlined above. The first step being to discuss the issue with the mod who banned you & try to come to a resolution. Once this step is complete & if you cannot resolve this yourselves, then come back here & we will consider your appeal.

I did. Can't be resolved as mod refuses to answer questions and has just said "we're done."

Ok. One of the Rec CMods will take a look at this for you.

On the face of it - a permanent ban for remarking on someone's diet seems harsh. Is there any other background information that you wish to share before we look into your appeal?

Ok. One of the Rec CMods will take a look at this for you.

On the face of it - a permanent ban for remarking on someone's diet seems harsh. Is there any other background information that you wish to share before we look into your appeal?

I've got a few warnings in the past, probably for being a little personal but only ever in response to being attacked for my views. Harmless stuff really.

It would appear that it is a bit more than "a few warnings in the past."
    You will need to bear with me as it may take me some time to review the history of the other 5 infractions & 3 bans that have resulted in this permaban.

You weren't entirely honest about your PM exchange with the mod either. From what I can see the mod explained very clearly to you why you were given a permaban.

If you have anything to add to your appeal in favour of why your access should be reinstated - post it here. I need to get a feel for whether the value that you think you may add to the forum outweighs...
    - The upset caused to other individual posters because of your persistent lack of civility
    - The general disruption to the forum cause by your actions
    - The time & effort taken by mods to take care of issues caused by you

As stated above I will need some time to review past mod actions taken that are relevant to your permaban.

• Advertisement

Just so you know the poster who I said had idiotic beliefs implied In a separate post that I was a "****ing stupid crazy idiot and a sad pathetic looney bin who didn't get attention as a child" !! This poster did not get banned.

I believe I add a lot more to the forum than any upset that might be caused (to be honest I do not see how my beliefs can upset posters). I offer an alternative view to the majority of posters and this is welcomed by some posters.

Hi Bruno26.

I have reviewed your appeal & discussed this matter at some length with the Fitness mods. To be quite frank - they are at the end of their tether with your behaviour, especially the abrasive tone of your posts & your lack of civility towards other posters. It has also been noted that at times other posters have similarly been uncivil to you. It is difficult to see who is goading who, so we have agreed to reduce your permaban to 1 month on the following conditions:

1. This is your final chance to retain your posting privileges. If you receive one further warning, infraction or ban - the permaban will be reinstated.
    2. If you feel that you are being unfairly treated by any other poster - use the Report Post function. Do not react on-thread. For a period of time (still to be decided), I will personally review & take action, where necessary, on your reported posts so that the mods are not subject to additional workload. Any direct retaliation will not be tolerated.

If this is acceptable to you, please let me know. If not, you may appeal to an Admin.

All the best,

tHB

That's fair enough.

Thanks for looking into it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement